Dickov injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifice

From the Beeb. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7649364.stm

Sorry if it's already posted somewhere else.

Foxes lose Dickov for five weeks

_45074662_pauldickov.jpg
Veteran Paul Dickov is in his second spell with Leicester

Leicester City striker Paul Dickov has been ruled out of action for at least five weeks.
The Scotsman went under the surgeon's knife earlier this week for treatment to a back injury.
But Foxes manager Nigel Pearson told BBC Radio Leicester: "He'll be back fairly quickly, which is good for us."
Veteran Dickov, who turns 36 next month, has made one league start for the Foxes this season since his return to the club in the summer.
Dickov's spell on the sidelines adds to the long list of players on the treatment table at the Walkers Stadium.
Fellow striker DJ Campbell has not featured on a team sheet for two games because he is struggling with a hip injury.

But defenders Joe Mattock and Patrick Kisnorbo are closing in on a return after both played in the behind-closed-doors friendly at Rushden and Diamonds on Tuesday.
Mattock is recovering from ankle ligament damage and Kisnorbo from a knee problem.

Fringe player at best.Gives us something in reserve come xmas. Encouraging news about Kisnorbo and Mattock.

With Dickov and DJ both injured it's a real shame that Ashley Chambers isn't fit to possibly step up and grab his chance. It would be nice to have him as an option on the bench.

We should go with Sappleton or even Odimambo on the bench tomorrow. It would be good to have someone on the bench to change things round later in the game.

Other than that we dont have anything!

We should go with Sappleton or even Odimambo on the bench tomorrow. It would be good to have someone on the bench to change things round later in the game.

Other than that we dont have anything!

Craig King seems to be ahead of those two in the pecking order. Why is Odihambo even still here? He's been around since the Levein days and he still hasn't made it.

I had forgot about him.

We should look to get someone in on loan really. Two strikers isnt enough for a promotion campaign.

We could always bring in that young Hayles chap from Cheltenham once his supension is finished.

Is Sappleton actually any good? He never seems to actually get anywhere near the team.

I sense a Kaebi situation again.

Is Sappleton actually any good? He never seems to actually get anywhere near the team.

I sense a Kaebi situation again.

Isn't Sappleton still out on loan at Bournemouth?

We have loads of strikers in the reserves though (although I can't remember if all of these are actually still here)... Chambers, C.King, Kee, Odhiambo, Sappleton, Billy McKay... a couple of them must be fit and at least worth given a shot on the bench.

I've not heard anything about Odi in a while... is he still here, is he injured, out on loan?

Sappleton is back - he was on the bench in the game against Rushden.

Isn't Sappleton still out on loan at Bournemouth?

I've not heard anything about Odi in a while... is he still here, is he injured, out on loan?

thought he scored against rushden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570