Digital Cameras - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Hello,

I need to buy a digital camera tomorrow but I'm unsure of a few things.

When you buy it do you usually get all the accesories and memory card with it or do you need to buy seperately?

Also do most come with chargers that you plug in or are they just battery powered.

My budget is around £100 so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
For less than £100 you should be able to pick up something with around 7 megapixels from a well known make.

Generally the more expensive ones may have rechargeable batery pack with cable, most at that price will use convential AA batteries or rechargeable AA type.

You will get a USB cable plus the relevant CD's for connecting to your PC.

You will get a memory card but not the worlds biggest. Still plenty of space for loads of pics tho.

Go for something with 3 or 4 times Optical zoom if you can (digital zoom ain't the real thing).

No doubt other posters will contradict everything I've put but you should be fine getting a camera for less than £100 and you won't be needing to buy loads of extras, everything you need should be in the box.

Have fun.

The way I would do it is to put the text in the post then highlight it.

Text

Then with the text highlighted press the button marked
createlink.gif

Then paste in the link into the field in the pop up and save it and your text is shorter and a link. ;)

Last edited:

My mistake. :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf I meant just highlight the field by right clicking the mouse twice or right click and select the text that way. Then press the button etc...... ;)

I need to buy a digital camera tomorrow but I'm unsure of a few things.

When you buy it do you usually get all the accesories and memory card with it or do you need to buy seperately?

Also do most come with chargers that you plug in or are they just battery powered.

My budget is around £100 so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Don't just assume cameras with more pixels are better, you can get a better picture quality with fewer pixels.

Don't be fooled by digital zoom - you don't need it, it's not real zoom, get an optical zoom if you can.

Most have a very small amount of built in memory, so you'll need to buy an extra card. They might try to sell you one but you'll probably pay way over the odds if you buy one from a camera shop - you should be able to buy 1GB cards for less than a tenner online. If you have an mp3 player / PDA / phone etc that already uses memory cards consider a camera that uses the same sort so you can share them between devices.

You might think having a rechargable battery pack is a good thing, but if you're going to take the camera on holiday, or places where you don't have access to power etc, you might be better getting one that takes AA batteries so you don't need to take the charger with you. Nothing more annoying than going to take a picture to find the camera needs charging, at least with AAs you can buy them anywhere and take spares with you.

I would consider something like this: http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...defined&tm=undefined&sku=185713&category_oid=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669