Digital SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Im looking for a good low end Digital SLR camera. Anyone in the know got any recommendations?:102:

I've got a Canon EOS 350D, and it's excellent - you can pick one up for just under 400 notes

If you're looking to spend any less than this, I'm afraid it will be pretty shite

Does it need to be a digital SLR, or would you be happy with an SLR type?

I have a Fuji s9600 which is SLR type but doesn't have the interchangeable lenses. The problem with SLR's is that sometimes new lenses are as expensive as the camera.

I've got a Canon EOS 350D, and it's excellent - you can pick one up for just under 400 notes

If you're looking to spend any less than this, I'm afraid it will be pretty shite

This is one that I have looked at.

Does it need to be a digital SLR, or would you be happy with an SLR type?

I have a Fuji s9600 which is SLR type but doesn't have the interchangeable lenses. The problem with SLR's is that sometimes new lenses are as expensive as the camera.

Is this what they call a bridge camera? Ive looked at a couple of those to.

This is one that I have looked at.

Is this what they call a bridge camera? Ive looked at a couple of those to.

Maybe, not sure. I just know it as an SLR type. Takes cracking pictures, just doesn't have interchangeable lens. However I have brought a 2x multiplier adapter that gives me up to neary 600mm zoom and a 10+ macro adaptor that is as good as a macro lens both for about £25 a pop.

Maybe, not sure. I just know it as an SLR type. Takes cracking pictures, just doesn't have interchangeable lens. However I have brought a 2x multiplier adapter that gives me up to neary 600mm zoom and a 10+ macro adaptor that is as good as a macro lens both for about £25 a pop.

Im thinking of going for this camera, any recommendations before I buy?

Im thinking of going for this camera, any recommendations before I buy?

Just make sure you also buy a UV filter, they are about 4 quid and just screw onto the end of the lens. It filters out a bit of sunlight but doesn't noticablly make the image darker, however it will protect your lens from dust and scratches, which is essential. I cannot recommend one enough, I have had my camera since christmas and got through 2 so far as I'm heavy handed and stick it into trees etc. If I hadn't had the cover my lens would have been scratched and the camera ruined.

Just make sure you also buy a UV filter, they are about 4 quid and just screw onto the end of the lens. It filters out a bit of sunlight but doesn't noticablly make the image darker, however it will protect your lens from dust and scratches, which is essential. I cannot recommend one enough, I have had my camera since christmas and got through 2 so far as I'm heavy handed and stick it into trees etc. If I hadn't had the cover my lens would have been scratched and the camera ruined.

Just got one off amazon. Where would be the best place to get the uv filters from?

Just got one off amazon. Where would be the best place to get the uv filters from?

Any camera shop, somewhere like this http://www.jessops.com/Store/s18845...m/details.aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&comp=n although that seems a bit expensive. I got mine from eBay. Just check you get the right size, I am 99% sure it is 58mm but I would need to check when I get home. It tells you on the camera lens anyway.

Edit: just noticed that link is for a Hoya brand, which are supposedly the top brand for filters etc, hence the higher price.
Edit 2: Similar one on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/58mm-Double-T...3QQihZ015QQcategoryZ30066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Brilliant camera took some amazing pics on holiday. Only problem is that when i went to copy them onto my comp using the card reader only half have copied across and whilst I can see the other half are there as files I cant open them. When i put the card back into my camera it says there are no images on it but it says I only have room for another 30 photos (it holds over 500 even on the highest quality setting).

I now have to send the card off to fujifilm so thye can recover them for the not insignificant sum of 60 quid. Bloody computers.

Brilliant camera took some amazing pics on holiday. Only problem is that when i went to copy them onto my comp using the card reader only half have copied across and whilst I can see the other half are there as files I cant open them. When i put the card back into my camera it says there are no images on it but it says I only have room for another 30 photos (it holds over 500 even on the highest quality setting).

I now have to send the card off to fujifilm so thye can recover them for the not insignificant sum of 60 quid. Bloody computers.

Ive had that happen a few times, always managed to get them off the card in the end though. Did you explore every avenue??

trying different ways of reading the card on your PC? Through windows explorer, the software that came with the camera etc?

Yeh I have. As I say the photos don’t even show up on the camera anymore although the space left on the card tells me they are still there.

:102:

Hmmm every thread, dont think so , because i am unhappy that it isnt working for him.

:icon_eek:

Last edited:
Yeh I have. As I say the photos don’t even show up on the camera anymore although the space left on the card tells me they are still there.

This may sound a daft question, but were you shooting in RAW (.raf) format?

This may sound a daft question, but were you shooting in RAW (.raf) format?

It is a daft question because I haven’t the foggiest as to what the feck you are on about. I just used the best quality setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669