Digital SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the files have a .raf extension as apposed to a .jpeg then you will need something like Photoshop to open them, although I believe the camera ships with software to do it.

Would explain why they don't open, but not the rest of it.

if the files have a .raf extension as apposed to a .jpeg then you will need something like Photoshop to open them, although I believe the camera ships with software to do it.

Would explain why they don't open, but not the rest of it.

I doubt it is a formatting issue to be honest beights as the first half of them open.

i'm looking at getting the missus one for her birthday. looking at the canon eos 350d. Looks like i can get it for around £360. Is this still one of the best around for the price range? or is there anything that can do a decent job for a bit less?

i'm looking at getting the missus one for her birthday. looking at the canon eos 350d. Looks like i can get it for around £360. Is this still one of the best around for the price range? or is there anything that can do a decent job for a bit less?

Any of the EOS range are excellent

They have recovered my photos!!! just waiting for them to return

I've got a Olympus e-500.
Excellent. Highly recommended.

is pentax a decent make? looking at the K100D £300 approx

and the nikon d40. £350 approx

looking for a balance between price and quality...

I have found the Canon EOS 350D (does the "rebel xt" version make any difference?)for £360

Last edited:
is pentax a decent make? looking at the K100D £300 approx

and the nikon d40. £350 approx

looking for a balance between price and quality...

I have found the Canon EOS 350D (does the "rebel xt" version make any difference?)for £360

The rebel XT is the American version.

If you goto http://www.sharemysnaps.com (my site :) ) and click on the photogrpaher Iain Barton, he is a friend in America who uses the Rebel, you can get an idea of the quality from his shots. Notice the difference in rage, from the panoramic cowboy shot to the macro shot of the insect.

Pentax were always a good make with film SLR's, I presume they have carried that quality over to the digital market. Nikon are also good.

Best bet if she's just getting into photography is to look at the camera, hold it, see how it feels in the hand and the ease of use with the controls. The quality of image will vary very little in my experience in the hands of an amateur (btw I consider myself and amateur!) if you get a reasonable specced model.

Oh and don't be sold on only "megapixels". If it has a shit sensor it could have 40megapixels and the pictures would still be crap

Thanks for you help Matt, i haven't been ignoring you. Much appreciated.

and sjn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670