Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the events of the last few days wasn't the timing of this announcement also strange ?

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/jon-rudkin-confirmed-as-lcfc-director-of-football-2260846.aspx

I'm sure many on here can make 2 + 2 = 16 in terms of what it means

A good decision in my book. Not sure on the personnel, but having someone to oversee how the club continues when we change managers isn't a bad thing. Isn't that one of the reasons Southampton have stayed so consistent?

Given the events of the last few days wasn't the timing of this announcement also strange ? I'm sure many on here can make 2 + 2 = 16 in terms of what it means

Well, I've have a go then!

There have been a number of posts about the relationship between NP and JR on various boards suggesting that they don't get on at all. This would be in contrast to NP and TR who apparently had a good working relationship. This was backed up by NP expressing disappointment when TR was sacked.

It will be interesting to see if anyone asks NP about JR. However, NP tends not to answer legitimate questions. Nor does our Chief Exec, DofF or owners to be honest. It's a wonder they even bother letting us know when the fixtures are.

Isn't that one of the reasons Southampton have stayed so consistent?

I suspect the owners want to emulate Southampton's success, who wouldn't. Their academy has been a bedrock for them the last few years, with all of the investment into the training ground, gaining higher academy status and appointing Jon Rudkin we can only hope the next decade in LCFCs future will not be as bleak as the last one.

I suspect the owners want to emulate Southampton's success, who wouldn't. Their academy has been a bedrock for them the last few years, with all of the investment into the training ground, gaining higher academy status and appointing Jon Rudkin we can only hope the next decade in LCFCs future will not be as bleak as the last one.
Completely agree, what Southampton are doing this season is astonishing. For a club of very similar size we should be looking to emulate everything they do.

If we can find a poccexhino, maybe but I suspect one reason we've not had a change is because of the lack of alternatives.

Well, I've have a go then!

There have been a number of posts about the relationship between NP and JR on various boards suggesting that they don't get on at all. This would be in contrast to NP and TR who apparently had a good working relationship. This was backed up by NP expressing disappointment when TR was sacked.

It will be interesting to see if anyone asks NP about JR. However, NP tends not to answer legitimate questions. Nor does our Chief Exec, DofF or owners to be honest. It's a wonder they even bother letting us know when the fixtures are.

You intimated something quite different to this in the Terry Robinson thread back in December.

Brown Nose said:
How peculiar.

The owners recruited TR presumably as an independent voice with footballing experience. This made total sense given their collective footballing innocence.

It's always been noticeable that NP rarely mentions TR and was quite cold about his arrival. Who knows how they got on but frankly, it isn't the DofFs role to be mates with the manager and vice versa.

Last night the owners call in NP for a crisis meeting* (about fecking time too) and the result is TR is sacked. I wonder what was discussed at the meeting? Was it one where NP was fighting for his job or a meeting about how to improve the club's fortunes?

If the decision was based upon a lack of confidence in TRs ability to recruit well in January, why replace him with someone with no record outside youth academies? If the decision was based upon NP not liking TR or blaming him for something or other, why would the owners do this? After all, he is their employee, not NPs and this has been pretty clear from the outset. NP is hardly in a strong bargaining position and I can't believe that the owners would effectively strengthen his position at the club in this way. Were this to be true, why haven't they come out with an expression of support for NP?

A convoluted explanation could be that the owners have spoken to Pulis who has said that he'd not be interested in the job if TR was DofF. This would make sense if the rumours of them not getting on together at Stoke were true. Then last night the owners made this option a possibility and simply informed NP that the change was being made. Maybe they also wanted to hear NPs explanations and plans for January and are currently weighing up the pros and cons of making a change. Maybe he was given a specific target to achieve to keep his job?

Like I say, it's all quite strange. Still at least the owners have done something as their total inertia was becoming absurd.

*according to John Percy

Last edited:
You're on fire at the min Mawsley, top postings! :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Ah the Daily Mail. Known for its accurate reporting.

Oh, I don't know - they seem to have got the piece about Jeremy Kyle bang on

kyle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673