Dirty Leicester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

After reading Celtic fans comments on their BBC message board they seem to think Levein likes to play dirty. I can't say I saw any evidence of it last season but can any one who was at the match get the feeling we're going to be a lot more physical next seasons or are they talking pish?

Did anyone else think Leivins tactics were to kick Celtic off the park! Some of their players were a disgrace! Their No 3 only made 1 tackle all night without giving away a foul!

yes completely agree,and hearts are/were the same under him,remember the tackle that put agathe out with a serious knee injury

source

wankers, obviously don't see there beloved team ever doing that????

Balde must be the clumsiest defender in history.
Hartson is just a fat sweaty tit that barges everyone out of the way.
Sutton is a dirty player, that is often late in the tackle.

come get some you green n white pufters :mad:

Rayvon said:
wankers, obviously don't see there beloved team ever doing that????

Balde must be the clumsiest defender in history.
Hartson is just a fat sweaty tit that barges everyone out of the way.
Sutton is a dirty player, that is often late in the tackle.

come get some you green n white pufters :mad:

Totally agree:

Balde is an angry donkey, Hartson is a greasy spoon and Sutton, who at the peak of his career, forever lived in the shadow of Shearer, is a hapless oaf with issues.

More Celtic opinion:

To be fair, Its a shame a young player is now out of action for 6 months or so,(we know with Kenedy) But Im glad its one of them not us, because they came out with the intention of hurting us and were dispicable in some challenges, particularly with Petrov and Beattie. What goes around comes around, you want to play rough with big boys you can expect to come off second best.

Ox Fox said:
More Celtic opinion:

To be fair, Its a shame a young player is now out of action for 6 months or so,(we know with Kenedy) But Im glad its one of them not us, because they came out with the intention of hurting us and were dispicable in some challenges, particularly with Petrov and Beattie. What goes around comes around, you want to play rough with big boys you can expect to come off second best.

An example of why Celtic fans are loved, revered and adored the World over. :rolleyes:

and an example of why they will never win a top honour... useless fecks

come on they have to have something to moan about other than playing in a league that matches the quality of league 2

How can Strachan go on about the 'top two' Scottish teams being allowed to join the Premiership when they fail to beat a mid table Championship team!!! They cant even use the excuse of it being a friendly because you never see Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea struggle against lesser teams even with their reserves nevermind their first team.

They are clearly afraid and looking for excuses as to why they couldn't compete with little old Leicester City! We played them off the pitch in the 2nd half...and those aren't even my words. Those were the words of many Celtic fans that I spoke to after the match.

The truth is a painful thing! I can't accept us being called dirty in this circumstance! How many Celtic players left the field on a stretcher facing the possible prospect of never ever playing football again. Weso may not even walk the same again!!!!

SilverFox said:
We played them off the pitch in the 2nd half...

Did we really play that well?..... so I wont need my recliner at the walkers anymore to see the ball? :icon_eek:

It's been a while since ive seen good football from a city side, looking forward to the Milan game, and the new season!

Blaby blue blood said:
SilverFox said:
We played them off the pitch in the 2nd half...

Did we really play that well?..... so I wont need my recliner at the walkers anymore to see the ball? :icon_eek:

It's been a while since ive seen good football from a city side, looking forward to the Milan game, and the new season!

yes we played well.

but it was the first time i saw a ball hoofed out of the ground....went right over the roof of the West Stand...

At least you only have to play them once in a pre-season friendly, Hearts will have to play them four times this season.

As for the original quote about Agathe being on the receiving end of a bad challenge from Andy Webster, he forgot to mention that they got a penalty and Webster was sent-off. Agathe also played on for a further 15 minutes which couldn't have helped his injury.

beaumontfox said:
it was Johansson(i think)

two days is a long time to remember back to!!

yep it was. Nils cleared the main stand good and proper.

Dont think we were particularly dirty. The celtic fans are used to running rings around mediocore teams that struggle to get any decent tackles in and thats why they are no good at taking it. At the end of the day they finished bottom of their league last season and were not that good even with Martin there towards the end of the season. I reckon they will have no chance with gordon this season.

fcukcov said:
Dont think we were particularly dirty. The celtic fans are used to running rings around mediocore teams that struggle to get any decent tackles in and thats why they are no good at taking it. At the end of the day they finished bottom of their league last season and were not that good even with Martin there towards the end of the season. I reckon they will have no chance with gordon this season.

In that case, should you not be really worried that your manager has signed 6 players from the SPL including two apparently not deemed good enough for Celtic?

zorg1874 said:
In that case, should you not be really worried that your manager has signed 6 players from the SPL including two apparently not deemed good enough for Celtic?

Im counting on the fact that Levein has the judgement to buy the best players out of the teams. I would say that Sylla played better than any of the Celtic players last Tues.

bloody hell, I just seen a video of the tackle that balde made and can't believe the fuss over it. Fair enough it was a bit clumsy but it was defnitely not "disgraceful, disgusting, malicious and intentional" as Craig Levien said. Wish the young lad a healthy recovery but I really think that fans and the media should realise it was just an accident. Practically every match that is played there is a bad tackle, more often than not worse than Balde's, its just that a lot of the time no-one get seriously injured.

p.s. I read an earlier post slagging off Celtic fans, I lived in Seville for two years and was there at the time of the Uefa cup final when the city was taken over by Celtic fans. I have to say that their behaviour was impeccable. Imagine that amount of England/English fans in the one place, theyd have wrecked the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669