Dispatches tonight, Channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
DG is correct. To compare now to the 70's is ludicrous.

Racism, sexism and homophobia are practised at football grounds by a minority and as David said I would also have to hold my hand up and say in the 70's that the word 'poof' or 'fairy' was perhaps the politest terminology used at football grounds.

It is still unusual for a player to 'come out' during their career as such a revelation would undoubtedly shorten or curtail their career.

Incidentally why does anyone think that Millwall have a much larger contingent of meat heads, they do in my opinion but I really can't understand why?

I started going to the football in the mid 70s & I fully concur.Whoever wrote the article is a complete moron & can't possibly have ever seen the inside. of a 70s football ground.

As for Millwall...well have you ever been to the place? It's like the set of 28 Days Later.A mate of mine who was in the army & did 2 tours of Northern Ireland flat out refused to go to The Den with me in '85 on the grounds that it was too dodgy! On another occasion in the 80s someone else I knew went through the away turnstiles at Millwall.It was staffed by an old dear in her 70s.As he went through he smiled at her & said "nice day for it me duck" To which Grandma replied:"**** off you Northern ****" basically it's a demon pit hellhole.Given the chance I'd happily include it in my long planned report 'Urban Regeneration Via Napalm'

Basically the place makes Leytonstone look like Knightsbridge.

Last edited:
I started going to the football in the mid 70s & I fully concur.Whoever wrote the article is a complete moron & can't possibly have ever seen the inside. of a 70s football ground.

As for Millwall...well have you ever been to the place? It's like the set of 28 Days Later.A mate of mine who was in the army & did 2 tours of Northern Ireland flat out refused to go to The Den with me in '85 on the grounds that it was too dodgy! On another occasion in the 80s someone else I knew went through the away turnstiles at Millwall.It was staffed by an old dear in her 70s.As he went through he smiled at her & said "nice day for it me duck" To which Grandma replied:"**** off you Northern ****" basically it's a demon pit hellhole.Given the chance I'd happily include it in my long planned report 'Urban Regeneration Via Napalm'

Basically the place makes Leytonstone look like Knightsbridge.

I've been to about four games there the most recent probably two seasons ago when we lost.

I worked very close to the ground so am aware of the flora and fauna. What I mean by my question is there are other areas that are equally as depraved as Bermondsey that have football grounds at the heart of them, so why is Millwall full of scum?

I've been to about four games there the most recent probably two seasons ago when we lost.

I worked very close to the ground so am aware of the flora and fauna. What I mean by my question is there are other areas that are equally as depraved as Bermondsey that have football grounds at the heart of them, so why is Millwall full of scum?

I think maybe because of their utterly rubbish history as a football club.Most of it spent in the lower reaches,never won a trophy etc.Being the most feared/hated/violent ****wits in the land at least makes you No 1 at something.That could be it.When you know your club has been complete shit forever & will be complete shit forever it frees you up to concentrate on the maiming.

I think maybe because of their utterly rubbish history as a football club.Most of it spent in the lower reaches,never won a trophy etc.Being the most feared/hated/violent ****wits in the land at least makes you No 1 at something.That could be it.When you know your club has been complete shit forever & will be complete shit forever it frees you up to concentrate on the maiming.

Distinctly plausible.

Barnsley 'fans' telling us to go home and get our prayer mats out after the game last night, police made sure they were setup far enough away so that they couldn't possibly hear this and didn't seem interested when the chanting was reported to them.

Barnsley 'fans' telling us to go home and get our prayer mats out after the game last night, police made sure they were setup far enough away so that they couldn't possibly hear this and didn't seem interested when the chanting was reported to them.

I'm not sure which century Barnsley is in, but I doubt racism is a punishable offence yet.

Surprised anyone could hear anything from the home fans.

Surprised anyone could hear anything from the home fans.

This was outside the ground after the game, a group of their idiots really acting like morons, not only should we F off back to our prayer mats but Leicester are ruining the game apparently.

Leicester are ruining the game apparently.

Jealous ****wits

Leicester have done nothing this season that should piss anyone off, apart from rip most teams a new arsehole of course.

Jealous ****wits

Leicester have done nothing this season that should piss anyone off, apart from rip most teams a new arsehole of course.
We've got some penalties that pisses off at least one person.

Does the Forest player punching the ball into the net last night count as cheating I wonder?

He probably only resorted to it because of their injuries...they've got Dexter Blackstock injured don't you know? If he was fit he'd have been off to the Prem in January anyway I reckon.

I was there a few years ago and the coach I was on had a side window smashed by a brick thrown by Barnsley yoofs. The driver attempted to speak to the police about it but they weren't interested, they just wanted us all out of town.

We've all got video cameras in our pockets these days, I honestly believe the only way anything will change is by the clubs and authorities being shamed by the regular appearance of this kind of behaviour on YouTube and from there back to c4 news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46