DJ off to Blackpool on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have done so much better for the money that was wasted on him.

I do agree with that, It was an inflated price, I was just easily pleased by a striker with the name DJ, Dudley cewrtainly turned out to be more apt.

When we first signed him I was amazed at the number of people who thought he was a good signing.

I never rated him at Brum but when we signed him I got swept up in the mood of optimism that a lot of us had at the start of last season.

I welcomed his signing despite my reservations.

Homer,
Screaming in frustration and shouting abuse are two totally different things.Frustration was born from the fact he is as fast as a greyhound and could give most defenders a 5 metre head start and still beat them.If Matty Fryatt had his pace would add a few more goals onto the 23 so far.

I wanted DJ brought in as we didn't have many option at that time and I'll be honest when he came on as a sub I always felt this is going to be his day ...alas I was proven wrong.I hope he goes to Blackpool and scores a hatful of goals and rams the Donkey comment right down my throat.

Whatever his merits or faults Nigel certainly doesn't rate him preferring to start the Palace game with one striker when Matty was injured and then bringing on Dickov. I have been disappointed with Dickov but still believe he contributes more than DJ. I agree with those who believe we have a striker lined up to come in.

The thing with DJ is he's had so many injury's last/this season he's never been able too show us what he can do,i hope he gets a few more games in at Blackpool and proves that he can still cut it.

Personally read today about the injury he's been suffering. He's always going to be a bit-part player where ever. Suffers from 'osteitis pubis'.

I didn't think he was a brilliant footballer but I do think in the right system and against certain teams his pace dis-settles defences.

I have never booed him, slagged him off to his face or given him any other reason to play shit.

I do however believe DJ to be a total steaming pile of shit, and if that opinion keeps certain people from posting in the LCFC forum then so be it.

He has had chances, and quite frankly he's looked about as interested as I would be at midnight mass. This said, it is quite bizzare how such a lazy work shy fecker can be quicker off the mark than most defenders thus being caught offside such a huge amount of the time, or maybe thats just down to him not knowing where he can stand on a football pitch?

Oh and by the way, I thought he was a great signing to begin with, so my mind most certainly can be changed.

A view that quite a few held on a certain Matty Fryatt until just recently, but alas he was given a run of games, scored a few goals and now everything is hunkydory in the Fryatt household.

As for DJ's offsides, how may times was it because he had played at a higher level than others in the City team and was expecting/used to the pass as he made the run, not a couple of seconds later therefore making him offside. Just a thought1:102:

i've always thought of him as a confidence player who only needed one goal to go into a run of form, but when he's not in goalscoring form he looks useless because he doesn't do anything else apart from run offside. unfortunately, last year we were in a too serious a situation to wait for him to hit form and this year fryatt and howard have been awesome. hes also been injured alot of course so he hasn't had a real run in the side.

hopefully he'll do well at blackpool and give dickov some competition for the direct replacement for fryatt and howard. good luck deej

A view that quite a few held on a certain Matty Fryatt until just recently, but alas he was given a run of games, scored a few goals and now everything is hunkydory in the Fryatt household.

As for DJ's offsides, how may times was it because he had played at a higher level than others in the City team and was expecting/used to the pass as he made the run, not a couple of seconds later therefore making him offside. Just a thought1:102:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: That comment must be a piss take. The thought of a supposed pro footballer being caught off-side because he is too good for his team mates is absoloute bollocks. If he was that good, after one and a half seasons you would have thought he might have adapted by now.:102:

When we first signed him I was amazed at the number of people who thought he was a good signing.
Not so sure about that last bit.

When we bought DJ two summers ago, Championship strikers were going for 5 million plus (Chopra, Kenwyn Jones). League 1 and 2 strikers were going for the same sort of money DJ cost, and largely failed in the Championship (Billy Shitpants, Eastwood, Varney).

Who could we have got for 1.6m that would have been so much better?

Not so sure about that last bit.

When we bought DJ two summers ago, Championship strikers were going for 5 million plus (Chopra, Kenwyn Jones). League 1 and 2 strikers were going for the same sort of money DJ cost, and largely failed in the Championship (Billy Shitpants, Eastwood, Varney).

Who could we have got for 1.6m that would have been so much better?

Sharp, Eastwood and Varney have all scored more than him I believe.

Imo although not much of one, Deejay is shite. I just don't think he can cut it and got lucky scoring a few goals off the bench for brum. When he was banging the goals in at Brentford, i believe league 1 was a lot more shite than it actually is now. i watched a fair few games of league 1 live in last 4 years and can honestly say this year is the best standard i have seen. but i honestly saw no problem in getting promoted despite this.

back to deejay, i think he's no more than a league 2 striker at best and whilst it wasn't his fault we paid well over the odds for him, he's just plainly not good enough. I'd more rather dickov and hayles come off the bench ahead of him. I dont actually think he's not trying. i'm sure he gives his best but his best just isn't good enough and Blackpool signing him smacks of desperation to me.

i honestly want him to ram my comments down my throat and score a bagful for them but i just dont believe he will do it. In truth its a win win situation for us. if he scores a few, gets a bit of confidence and we can bag a little bit of what we paid for him. if he doesn't some fecker will take him off our hands for a free as long as his wage demands come down. he's still young enough to forge a long career in league 2 or even a lower league 1 side

And for that matter I seem to remember many fans screaming at Howard last season for being unable to score, too slow, not interested and generally shit and now him and fry-up seem to be the second coming for Leicester in a league that out side the top 3 or 4 teams (and I suppose leeds on their day) is generally shite.

And for that matter I seem to remember many fans screaming at Howard last season for being unable to score, too slow, not interested and generally shit and now him and fry-up seem to be the second coming for Leicester in a league that out side the top 3 or 4 teams (and I suppose leeds on their day) is generally shite.

:038::038:

i think they were calling him because they know what he could do for us and has actually shown it this season albeit in a league below.

I generally think theres 2 kinds of booing.

one where we can quite clearly see they are capable but not pulling their weight ie Howard last season.

and

one where we can plainly see that they are not good enough. ie campbell full stop.

Trevor Benjamin was the prime example of the last one and he eventually became a cult figure down there and it turned from boo's to laughter cus he was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669