Do Walk-In Centres do x-rays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A & E do, but I think apart from that you have to get a referral from your GP.
I had to have an x ray earlier this year, my GP gave me a form which I took to Glenfield General and I walked in and was done within 15 minutes.

Due to various injuries from TB 5-a-side I know that a&e do, and this time of day there is no real queue

He might even be the only Englishman in there too, so ask for an interpretor.

Never had that problem, though I did see Stringer there getting his ankle checked out and strapped up due to a tackle from yours truely the night before (ignoring the fact that said same tackle was the reason I was also in there!)

Hmm interesting. I whacked my wrist playing football on Thursday, it swollen up a bit on Friday but I could do stuff with a touch of pain. The swelling has gone down and now it's going through the bruise rainbow. It's become more achy and I still can't twist things without discomfort.

I have an exam tomorrow, so I don't want waste anyones time finding out it's just a sprain.

Hmm interesting. I whacked my wrist playing football on Thursday, it swollen up a bit on Friday but I could do stuff with a touch of pain. The swelling has gone down and now it's going through the bruise rainbow. It's become more achy and I still can't twist things without discomfort.

I have an exam tomorrow, so I don't want waste anyones time finding out it's just a sprain.

It's just a sprain, I can tell by the fact you aren't screaming.

However I went with suspected (by me) broken ribs :icon_redf and a suspected (again by me) broken big toe.

To be fair with the big toe I had compressed the cartlidge in the joint and severly bruised/torn it apparantly.

The one in Loughborough has a Minor Injuries Unit attached to it, which does do x-rays

I went to that one when I broke my wrist and they got it completely wrong. They put a little cast on it and said I could go home and leave it a month then go back and have it taken off. I got a call from the royal who said the walk in centre got it wrong and I had to have the bone re-set at the royal and I had my whole arm in pot for 6 weeks.

I went to that one when I broke my wrist and they got it completely wrong. They put a little cast on it and said I could go home and leave it a month then go back and have it taken off. I got a call from the royal who said the walk in centre got it wrong and I had to have the bone re-set at the royal and I had my whole arm in pot for 6 weeks.

Same happened to my sister, who had a compound fracture. The bone hadn't quite broken through the skin but was making a good effort at it. They told her it was a sprain (didn't x-ray it) and to take some paracetamol.

My parents knew they were being idiots and when they refused to accept it just rushed her to the royal.

I tried the walk in at loughborough. I pretended i had broke my arm to see if they did xrays but they just saw right through me.

I tried the walk in at loughborough. I pretended i had broke my arm to see if they did xrays but they just saw right through me.

sad-smiley-067.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36