Does anybody know how to win a game?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
I remember the day well, beautiful warm spring evening, I skipped along to the local bar for a rum and coke, I was dressed in a PVC Leicester City kit, I then minced down to Filbo treated myself to a right meat feast and then settled down to watch our boys ram home their advantage, following a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes of watching grown men sweat, I then proceeded to the local bar to frequent in my favourite pastime of felching, a truly memorable evening

Sorry Highland couldnt resist, I will get me coat !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Sorry Highland couldnt resist, I will get me coat !

No problem PFKAKTF:icon_wink .Revenge will indeed be sweet...and by the way it was A babycham not a Rum& Coke

Last edited:
highland fox said:
No problem PFKAKTF:icon_wink .Revenge will indeed be sweet...and by the way it was A babycham not a Rum& Coke

Good on you mate, that's what I like about you Highland, you take it like a man ! Pun fully intended !

joe501 said:
when was the last time we won two league games in a row?:102:

I know you don't really want to know, but it was when we beat Derrby and Leeds inside a week in the last two home games of last season.

And I just earned you another HC$10.

bocadillo said:
I know you don't really want to know, but it was when we beat Derrby and Leeds inside a week in the last two home games of last season.

That is bad! and that was probably the only time we achieved it that year?

Feriol said:
That is bad! and that was probably the only time we achieved it that year?

I'll let somebody else check up on it (if they can be bothered) but I think it happened three times last season. And if Cup games were included, I seem to remember that we played Gillingham between the Blackpool replay and the game at Reading - if that is right, it was three wins in a row.

bocadillo said:
I'll let somebody else check up on it (if they can be bothered) but I think it happened three times last season. And if Cup games were included, I seem to remember that we played Gillingham between the Blackpool replay and the game at Reading - if that is right, it was three wins in a row.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but as far as you recall, were those 'runs' (:081: ) under MA or CL?

I'm curious

The last time we won two games in a row was the Cov and Cardiff games this season, the last time we won two league games in a row was as boc said, Derby and Leeds at home last season. Before that (as pointed out again by boc) we won three in a row against Blackpool (Cup), Gillingham and Reading (Cup) and before that we won against Plymouth at home and Leeds away. All under Levein.

Feriol said:
Sorry to be a nuisance, but as far as you recall, were those 'runs' (:081: ) under MA or CL?

I'm curious

OK.

The first run of 2 winning games was Rotherham (a)/SheffUtd (h) in September. That was the only one under under MA.

The second was Plymouth (h)/Leeds (a) in November/December - the Leeds game was the last that we won away until Watford this season.

Then came the Blackpool replay/Gillingham/Reading Cup run of 3 wins.

And then the one I meationed earlier. These three (almost) runs were under CL.

bocadillo said:
OK.

The first run of 2 winning games was Rotherham (a)/SheffUtd (h) in September. That was the only one under under MA.

The second was Plymouth (h)/Leeds (a) in November/December - the Leeds game was the last that we won away until Watford this season.

Then came the Blackpool replay/Gillingham/Reading Cup run of 3 wins.

And then the one I meationed earlier. These three (almost) runs were under CL.

Thank you. you really are a fountain of knowledge.:038:

Feriol said:
Thank you. you really are a fountain of knowledge.:038:

No. Some of it I looked up.

seems to me we can either 1. defend well but can't stick the ball in the net for love nor money 2. Attack with pace and skill (bit of) scoring goals but defend like amateurs at the other end.
Until we can get both going consistently (and i mean the positive ones) we won't be moving up that league. Stating the obvious i know. Personally don't think we're far away. I know it's been said time and time again but our results have to improve soon because our performances do merit better results.
Whats that special ingredient we need to turn it around? Where's Delia? Let's be avin you.

flashyfox said:
Personally don't think we're far away.

You are Craig Levein AICMFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611