Dogs and the law

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB,sorry to hear that .

The dog should be put down for biting a person and the owners should not be aloud to keep a dog ever again .

here are a few links to check out mate

http://www.accident-compensation-information.co.uk/html/dog_bite.html

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1991/ukpga_19910065_en_1

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/welfare/domestic/dogs.htm

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/928

hope they help mate .

These links relate to the Dangerous Dogs Act which lists various breeds of dogs which are banned from being kept in this country. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is not one of the banned breeds and this has therefore nothing to do with this incident.

I am pleased to read elsewhere that the Police have somewhat belatedly decided that this is something that they should be involved in and have started to collect evidence. I am not sure whether the criminal courts can make a compensation order in cases like this. BB's m-i-l might need to take this to the Small Claims Court.

The Dog will have to be put down. I understand there are a number of breeds on a secondary list which means that any act of violence (to a human at the very least) means the dog has to be put down.

My Mum was bitten by my next door neighbour's (and cousin's) dog, it was put down within 48 hours. It was left at that thankfully and everyone agreed it was for the best. However, without sounding stereotypical I can imagine the Staff's owner to be a wanker.

As Boc says I am sure the Small Claims Court can take up action on compensation.

I wouldn't take the Melton Times as gospel, but in the letters page this week someone was complaining about their dog being attacked by another dog.

Melton Council replied saying "The definition of a dangerous dog is that of a dog attacking a human. Dog on dog attacks fall outside the legislation and are civil matters between the dog owners"

I can't believe I'm quoting our god old local rag and it may be of no use but just thought I'd mention it anyway

As Boc says I am sure the Small Claims Court can take up action on compensation.

and of course, just because you win a small claim it doesn't mean you'll get the money.

I don't think BB's M-I-L is after a reward, I think she's after seeing the offending person rightly punished.

I don't think BB's M-I-L is after a reward, I think she's after seeing the offending person rightly punished.

I don't think the person will be punished. Their dog could be put down but having read through the thread I don't see that being a punishment for the owner. The owner could lose a small claim but would probably not pay it. Courts don't give out severe beatings anymore, so I think MIL is onto a loser in every way.

I don't think the person will be punished. Their dog could be put down but having read through the thread I don't see that being a punishment for the owner. The owner could lose a small claim but would probably not pay it. Courts don't give out severe beatings anymore, so I think MIL is onto a loser in every way.
I think losing your dog is a pretty severe punishment. It's also an excellent preventative measure for the future.

I think losing your dog is a pretty severe punishment. It's also an excellent preventative measure for the future.

I think losing my dog would be a severe punishment but then I have a siberian husky and a Yorkshire terrier. These people haven't even apologised, I'd presume they'd just get another aggressive dog. Still I could be wrong I honestly have no understanding of how they are thinking.

Which latter is all it is designed to be. It is not a punitive measure.

Would get more satisfaction by going round and putting all the windows in, and finishing the dog off once and for all.

Would get more satisfaction by going round and putting all the windows in, and finishing the dog off once and for all.

:icon_eek::icon_eek: sickening

Beastility should never be condoned

At first I thought somebody had edited this, but then realsied it was all BG's work :038::038:

Last edited:
:icon_eek::icon_eek: sickening

Beastility should never be condoned

At first I thought somebody had edited this, but then realsied it was all BG's work :038::038:

so thats how your mind works then eh? Thats sickening

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47