Donnington Park - The Grand Prix Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Went today, great way to spend a morning for any F1/Motorsport fan. The largest collection of F1 cars in the world and not only 20 minutes up the road but also only £7 to get in.

Lovely stuff.

nerd.jpg

Went today, great way to spend a morning for any F1/Motorsport fan. The largest collection of F1 cars in the world and not only 20 minutes up the road but also only £7 to get in.

Lovely stuff.

Shhh or he'll start on Ron Dennis again...
As I pointed out in that thread at the time, I know more about F1 than you ever will. The proof of that is in the title of this thread alone :icon_wink

But back on topic, I have been to "The Collection" a few times, and due to my contacts :icon_wink, I have had the pleasure of actually sitting in the Williams Mansell Red 5. Of course, you won't have actually been allowed to touch it.

As for the £7 to get in, I can't confirm that, I've never paid :icon_bigg

BTW, last time I was there I got to go "pit side" with Jarno Trulli and help set his car up, but I don't like to talk about it :058:

And one reason you will never know as much as me.........because you'd rather tell me to shut up than listen to me.

Forgot to add, for anybody interested in F1, it's a bloody good day out. And as Duzza pointed out, it's just up the road and hardly known at all.

A good collection of replica helmets, overalls and "actual" steering wheels available in the shop, but bloody expensive!!!

I know its in Cov, but the motor/transport museum is worth a look round and its free. Its a bit of all sorts not as flas as Donnington, but I like it and its got a decent caff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46