Don't Understand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

There is an article under Leicester City News which is "Optimistic or Pessimistic". Have just read it and now i ask myself why any Leicester fans would be happy with a top 10 finish. We should be looking beyond that and going for a play-off place, not throwing in the towel now and settle for 10th.

Sure, if it was a choice between relegation and top 10 then there is no option but we have a team more than capable of challenging near the top and we have reasonably well in pre-season. We just need a good start. I would settle for 2 wins and a draw from the first 3. I don't go to many games now but when i have ive noticed that the atmosphere is so down beat, i expect the atmosphere will be great for the first home game for the first 10 mins then it will be quiet.

Lets give the players the confidence to go at the opposition rather than blaming the players for not playing well enough to get the crowd going.

your right in what you have said ,the only thing is we have chatted on here about this before and found that this season could be a building season ready to push for a number one spot next season no said if it happens we wont be happy of course we would be ,we all want to be back where we belong in the prem .so IMO a top ten finish this season wont do us any harm but if we can make play off then go for it thats where it came from this top 10 thing :icon_cool ;)

I agree that fans should be louder and more optimistic, as it makes for a better apthmosthpere (sp).

However, there are many squads in our league which matches or betters our squad for quality.

But if you look at the championship table, there are about 12 teams who could stake a claim for 'belonging' in the premiership:

Birmingham
Sunderland
West Brom
Southampton
Wolves
Leeds
Palace
Cov
Derby
Norwich
Ipswich

Realistically, most of these teams have as much right to gain promotion into the top league as we do. 10th place is a reasonable target this season, everyone is beatable in the championship, unfortunately, that includes LCFC.

Bollux..............whats the point in going down if you dont really think we are going to win. I go to EVERY match thinking we are going to win. Okay I come home most times disappointed, but at least I am not smug saying " I know we were going to lose this one", maybe its me or maybe its other peoples way of showing football supporters emotions differently. I cannot get my head around statements saying we will be happy with mid table.

Boy Genius said:
Bollux..............whats the point in going down if you dont really think we are going to win. I go to EVERY match thinking we are going to win. Okay I come home most times disappointed, but at least I am not smug saying " I know we were going to lose this one", maybe its me or maybe its other peoples way of showing football supporters emotions differently. I cannot get my head around statements saying we will be happy with mid table.

Deep down no LCFC fan is happy with a mid table finish but most are being realistic with the current situation of the club having financial restraints and a squad of mainly youngsters that still have a lot to prove in the championship let alone striving to be in the premiership.
If our lads can gel well together this season and finish in the top half of the table we will then (the fans) be in a position to be a lot more optimistic for next season.

Boy Genius said:

I'm the same BG. We can beat anyone in this division!

I can take losing to the extent that the lads have put the effort in. It's when we lose because we were sh!te that p!sses me off.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Deep down no LCFC fan is happy with a mid table finish but most are being realistic with the current situation of the club having financial restraints and a squad of mainly youngsters that still have a lot to prove in the championship let alone striving to be in the premiership.
If our lads can gel well together this season and finish in the top half of the table we will then (the fans) be in a position to be a lot more optimistic for next season.

being realistic and being a football fan do not go together. If being realistic means a mid table finish, then I cannot see the benefits of going down to watch. I start every season off going for maximum points.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:

It isnt going to achieve anything, though, by finishing mid table. Some of our younger talented players may be sold to Premier poaches, others may be released as we can't afford wages. We need to get promoted to get some cash and then we can stay in the Premiership to gain more cash.

What confidence is it going to give the players and the club if they think the fans have already come to the conclusion that mid table is all we can hope for. The only teams who should be hoping that are the ones who got promoted last year.

If you ask any player at LCFC what there expectations are, im sure majority would say a top 6 finish.

After all whats the point in buying a season ticket if your satisfied that the club is going no where this year.

The truth is we have a squad capable of challenging for the play offs, FFS Watford managed it last season so there is no reason why we cannot replicate that this season.

I have to agree with BG on this, the games under RK proved we can compete and win matches at this level and too be honest whilst all the teams in the Championship should be respected none should be feared. When you look at the list of teams in the division we are capable of beating them all. I don't mean going through a season unbeaten or winning all 46 league games, but there is not one fixture this season that I will look at and not believe we are capable of collecting maximum points.

However IMO the biggest threat to our chances this season will be our finances, I still have a nagging doubt that one or two of our "star players" will depart for big money in an attempt to balance our financial position, either before the Transfer Window closes at the end of this month or in January.

36_1_55.gif

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The truth is we have a squad capable of challenging for the play offs, FFS Watford managed it last season so there is no reason why we cannot replicate that this season.

I have to agree with BG on this, the games under RK proved we can compete and win matches at this level and too be honest whilst all the teams in the Championship should be respected none should be feared. When you look at the list of teams in the division we are capable of beating them all. I don't mean going through a season unbeaten or winning all 46 league games, but there is not one fixture this season that I will look at and not believe we are capable of collecting maximum points.

Thing is though when RK took over the fans didn't have many expectations and just wanted to be safe from relegation.Now after a reasonable finish to the season a lot of people expectations are very high,not everybodys,so there is an amount of pressure on the side to perform.I hope fans are not too quick on RK and the players backs if we don't get off to a flyer,I fear many expect us to pick up from where we left off last season and its not as simple as that IMO.

highland fox said:
Thing is though when RK took over the fans didn't have many expectations and just wanted to be safe from relegation.Now after a reasonable finish to the season a lot of people expectations are very high,not everybodys,so there is an amount of pressure on the side to perform.I hope fans are not too quick on RK and the players backs if we don't get off to a flyer,I fear many expect us to pick up from where we left off last season and its not as simple as that IMO.

i agree :eek:

There's no doubt after the final part of last season that we are capable of beating anyone when we perform. The attitude since Feb shows that the players were up for it as well. We are due a decent season whatever it is and I shall be going down to all the games in a positive manner expecting us to win. No doubt I be dissapointed some times but hopefully not as much as I have been in the last 2 years. I would be elated if we challenged for direct promotion or the play-offs but realism does say that with the limited resources we have got a top 10 would not be dissapointing. But that is third choice.

The limited resources are the key - remember how knackered some of the team looked by the end of last season. If they play with the same sort of passion and commitment from day 1 this time, there could be problems with tiredness & minor injuries by Easter. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for great things, but realistically will be content with a reasonable improvement - hopefully with bigger gates.

OldGit said:
The limited resources are the key - remember how knackered some of the team looked by the end of last season. If they play with the same sort of passion and commitment from day 1 this time, there could be problems with tiredness & minor injuries by Easter. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for great things, but realistically will be content with a reasonable improvement - hopefully with bigger gates.

Ridiculous to spend money on new gates when the team needs investing in,just get a new padlock for the old ones..

I'm not expecting us to finish any lower than 6th. I think Leicester Fans are too pessimistic. We have just been on our best run for years under RK at the end of last season. If we had been on the same form since October instead of January it could of been us in those play-offs.

I think we have great potential. We have only lost Joey out of our team and from watching them we may have replaced him with the "new Gary Parker" in Andy Johnson. I think he could turn out to be awesome for us. Hughes looks fit finally and has had a good pre-season.

I'm quite glad that Hume and fryatt didn't score in pre-season. they could of peaked too early for the start of the season and it gave O'Grady and hammond a spell with confidence.

No one is even talking about us being there really and to me the only teams that look a step ahead of anyone are Brum and dirty Leeds. I'd put us in the same bracket as wolves, covskum, norwich, preston, sunderland and the baggies as teams challenging

3-1 to leicester today.

Hume 2 and Hughes to bag in a convincing win.

ROB KELLY'S BLUE AND WHITE PREMIERSHIP BOUND ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

A good point, I remember last time we went down we were favourites to go straight back up, but ended up in mid table mediocrity.

There is a danger, like there is at the start of every season, for the division to be seperated into promotion contenders and no-hopers. Watford and Preston proved this wrong last year by reaching the play offs.

Maybe im more optimistic today because we are kicking off but we could be the dark horses this year!!!!

P.S Hume and Fryatt scored one each in pre season ;)

Looking at the balance of the side v Luton we have little chance this year of promotion. We are playing 4 centre backs and 2 full backs in midfield and their is little or no creativity in midfield. Tiatto and Maybury are not good enough to play in midfield, they give the ball away to easily and aren't the best passers we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669