Doom and Gloom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came away from the game last night feeling on the whole quite enthusiastic about the rest of the season, having played some excellent and entertaining stuff, even if we did concede a shocking last minute comedy goal again.

I felt that we may have turned a corner, I woke up this morning feeling generally positive that we can start to push up the league.

So I came on here expecting to read some generally positive stuff. How wrong I could have been, so much DOOM and GLOOM.

Lets be positive, get behind the team and maybe we will see the team get better week by week, play the football we know thay are capable of and challenge for promotion.

I would feel more positive if we could decide on a Manager for the season at least instead of this uncertainty.If,hopefully not,its Bassett then so be it but lets get someone in.Surely anybody who is interested would have let us know by now.OK we shouldn't rush into things etc but in the end if we take 10 days or 10 months we still won't be guaranteed that the person we have will be successful so in we can't wait indefinately.i don't think the uncertainty surrounding the manager is helpful to anybody players or fans.

Last nights game was O.K.

I kind of remembered why I enjoyed going to Football matches.

Just need to drop Dublin and Makin

Decide that Scow is a striker and should only play as such

Decision required on right midfield, preferably someone who can playthere!

Then. we've got a team, simple

Scowie was our best player in the first half by far, and set up both goals

Playing at right midfield

he doesn't play right midfield,

Stewart and Tiatto combine and swap positions quite well

Scowcroft doesn't because he doesn't play right midfield

The team would be better have more balance with a right back/right wing combination to complement what happens on the left.

he doesn't play right midfield

He's played it since he joined us (and left midfield)

And, once again for the hard of hearing, he played there last night where he was our most productive player in the first half and from where he set up both of our goals

The reason there was no sign of the "combine and swap" on the right hand side is that last night he played with a complete turd behind him who was as useful as a chocolate fireguard/kettle/saucepan/anything else that gets hot

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I didn't think Makin was brilliant by any means, but by the same token I don't see where the criticism from Homer is coming from. He was okay, nothing special, nothing terrible.

In the first half he put in a number of decent crosses that came to nothing cause Dublin didn't win a single header, but he was alright at the back until 20 mins to go when the team decided to defend deeper than they needed to. He made a few crap passes but so did everyone

IMO he was no worse than Stewart defensively, and although he didn't beat a man like Stewart did once or twice, Makin's crossing was better cause at least his reached the back post unlike Stewarts.

And makin was far more effective than Williams who was dreadful, really bad, yet you gave him a 7 homer!

Just don't get it my miserable friend.

According to my comprehensive notes from last night, he gave the ball away 127 times

Williams probably did you are right, so why give him a 7 and makin a 3?

Opinions, opinions
We all see different games, don't we ?

I see Williams having his best game since he joined us, and us falling apart in midfield when he went off
I also see Makin giving an excellent impression of John Curtis

Doesn't mean either of us is right

I just calls it as I sees it

I've just referred to my notes again, and the average amount of height gained by Dion Dublin when jumping for the ball in last nights game was 0.28 centimetres

Nice to see some generally positive stuff, but we do seem to be getting bogged down by individual issues.

We never will get everything we want from games, great football, all players performing to best of their availability etc.

What I was really interested in was whether we think after the upheavals of the last week we have turned a corner and are starting to go in the right direction.

Is Wilcox out for the rest of the season?

Joe_Fox said:
Is Wilcox out for the rest of the season?

He is aye, i think the crutches will really suit him cos he does look like an old man in a football kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669