Douglas/Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willlow said:
I cant believe what im hearing, i thought there would be several people over the moon with Rabs injury as this would give the superstar that is Henderson a chance to shine like they said he would! :icon_roll

Anybody going to stand up and admit they wanted Henderson in goal? :confused:

Maybe if he has a good performance against Leeds they might appear and say they were right all along? :icon_roll

For the record I've always backed Douglas.

highland fox said:
For the record I've always backed Douglas.

I know there were people that stuck by Rab but most said he should be dropped! :icon_redf

Willlow said:
I know there were people that stuck by Rab but most said he should be dropped! :icon_redf

Most?

Did jessel do a poll?

i know h but i feel a whole lot better now that ive admitted it i almost feel cleansed

I always wanted to give henderson a chance, I think Rab has been very poor all season, and I honestly believe alot of the defensive erros are caused by the fact that the defenders have little or no confidence in the man behind them. A few times in the first half players headed the ball away from Rabs hands, now either he isn't shouting or they don't trust he will get it.

On the Momo thread people are saying he shouldn't be judged on his first game back, maybe we should give henderson more time until we judge him?

Yorkshire Vixen said:
i know h but i feel a whole lot better now that ive admitted it i almost feel cleansed

For the first time in years eh YV:icon_wink

I always backed Rab, he is a much better keeper than Henderson IMO. Speaks volumes that after a shody 45 minutes work, Henderson's fans are nowhere to be seen.

Duzza said:
I always backed Rab, he is a much better keeper than Henderson IMO. Speaks volumes that after a shody 45 minutes work, Henderson's fans are nowhere to be seen.

I agree Duzza, however I do have reservations about both keepers, although Rab is the lesser of the two evils, although I did criticise him last night, I was unaware and you could not tell he had picked up an injury, so I too apologise.

By the way good afternoon D, have you been celebrity hunting in Fosse Park today, nearly as bad as Webbo with his hunting of the MILF.

Last edited:
beighton155 said:
I always wanted to give henderson a chance, I think Rab has been very poor all season, and I honestly believe alot of the defensive erros are caused by the fact that the defenders have little or no confidence in the man behind them. A few times in the first half players headed the ball away from Rabs hands, now either he isn't shouting or they don't trust he will get it.

On the Momo thread people are saying he shouldn't be judged on his first game back, maybe we should give henderson more time until we judge him?

I thougt Henderson improved as the game went on. He made one good punched clearance and got quite a cheer when he caught a cross, so maybe by the end of the Leeds match he will be the next Peter Shilton!!

Willlow said:
I cant believe what im hearing, i thought there would be several people over the moon with Rabs injury as this would give the superstar that is Henderson a chance to shine like they said he would! :icon_roll

Anybody going to stand up and admit they wanted Henderson in goal? :confused:

Maybe if he has a good performance against Leeds they might appear and say they were right all along? :icon_roll

A little while ago, i critisised Rab, and called for Henderson to be given a chance. i never said he was a superstar though. I merely thought at the time that with Rabs errors he should have had a chance to prove himself. The Cardiff game suggests that he might be good, but i haven't seen enough of him to judge.

In More recent weeks, Rab has been doing okay, so i didn't think we needed to change things.

Rab is a decent keeper just prone to sum mad moment, which is probably why the defence dont trust him much. henderson is a great shot stopper but weak on crossing and handling.

Imo rab is decent enough to keep in goal for this season but i would worry about hendo so if Rab is injured i think we should look to bring in a keeper on loan. Maybe Jimmy Walker if hes back fit from west ham or Pidgely from Chelsea. For next season i dont think Weaver would be bad for us if we could get him from Man C

IM not suggesting Rab is a great goalkeeper, i think he does make some very bad errors but he is as good if not better then Henderson!

I agree we should try and get a young keeper in for next season as we have a young squad at the moment and so should try and allow a young keeper to develop and get an understanding with the squad!

I dont think that henderson is as bad as he looked last night . Remember he had very little time to prepare him self for the game . And it must be hard to come as sub being a goalie at half time .

rocketman said:
I dont think that henderson is as bad as he looked last night . Remember he had very little time to prepare him self for the game . And it must be hard to come as a sub being a goalie at half time .

Especially with those gloves! :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

Last edited:
PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Any ideas as to how Logan has been doing at Boston?? Has he played much?

Been playing every game lately, not been too bad. Made a couple of mistakes, but that's probably down to inexperience. I don't think, however, he will be good enough for us.

I wasn't around to comment yesterday, but I will stand up and be counted.

I have said several times that I feel Rab could have done better in some games, the only time I can remember him making a save of any note to save us points was against Wolves. If only a few times he could have got a hand to some of the 'soft' goals we have conceeded at home, we would have a few more points on the board. I am not (and never will) blame him for all of the defeats, I am just dissapointed that he has not managed to pull it off. Rab and Hendo are much of a muchness IMO, I have never said that Hendo is the answer, but I do feel he is more athletic and maybe pull off a couple of those saves I mentioned earlier.
He did look shaky when he came on, but think it is a bit unfair not to give him a chance just because of a 45minute display (he did no worse than Rab) when Rab has been given a chance to improve most of the season.
Rab has looked a bit better recently and that could be due to the defense being more settled, if Hendo gets the nod on Saturday you never know he might pull off a few of those saves (remember Cardiff) and he could be the difference between what points we come away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00