Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.

reality fox

According to this mornings Daily Mirror Iain Dowie is desperate to take over at the Walkers even though Ollie is still at the Helm.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...e-folly-as-dowie-eyes-his-job-89520-20351639/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7297975.stm

Now IMO that would be a definate case of out of the frying pan into the fire. I dont understand why we would want to sign a guy who got sacked from covscum.

When Ollie does get replaced can we PLEASE get someone from an up and coming club like Ince or Martinez rather than a championship reject like Dowie.

Last edited:
Re: Please noooo!!!!

this is the same reaction we got from city fans regarding Neil Warnock.
Look where Palace are now, I wish we were in their shoes. It just goes to prove that most fans when it comes to picking a manager we don't know what we are on about. If Dowie takes on another club and gets success then how will we feel.
Its russian roulette and its take a chance time, who the feck knows how a manager will turn out?

When Ollie does get replaced can we PLEASE get someone from an up and coming club like Ince or Martinez rather than a championship reject like Dowie.

have we not tried this several times in the past and failed.

Twat Taylor
Adams
Levein
Allen
Holloway

How many more are we going to try?

I'm trying very hard not to be too concerned about this. It's working.

So do you think that Dowie would be the best appointment then?
what the fcuk does my recommendation mean to the club? If they appoint micky mouse there is feck all I can do about it. All I am saying is the fans did not want Colin and look at what he has done. I think its better we keep our gobs shut, we know fcuk all.

I would gladly see anybody given the job as long as we had success

Last edited:

this is the same reaction we got from city fans regarding Neil Warnock.
Look where Palace are now, I wish we were in their shoes. It just goes to prove that most fans when it comes to picking a manager we don't know what we are on about. If Dowie takes on another club and gets success then how will we feel.
Its russian roulette and its take a chance time, who the feck knows how a manager will turn out?

Dowie is no Neil Warnock, would be the worst appointment possible. The decision would be short sighted and too easy.

Of course the forum wouldn't be very busy.....
And not so full of shit like this. I have become very numb in the past year with all that has gone on.
I have made myself one promise, something I can do and the club not take away from me. If we go down, I stop going.

I would be happy with Dowie. He was never given money at Cov, and would get it here.

Im with BG, you have to take a gamble.

I would be happy with Dowie. He was never given money at Cov, and would get it here.

Im with BG, you have to take a gamble.

Thats exactly what we need, another gamble.

In an open market, I'd take Dowie over Davies and Holloway any day of the week.

As I've said before, if MM had not been obsessed with getting the club for the minimum amount possible, at the expense of the best for the club, Dowie would have been manager here over a year ago.

If the worst happens this season, I think a change and bringing in Dowie would be the right move.

However, we've got IH and 8 games left. Would be utter madness to change things now in my opinion. Our best chance of staying up is with IH in charge. The fragile confidence of the players would be totally destroyed if they see another boss depart.

Still, it's MM we're talking about here. He's capable of anything. Although if he did change manager now and we went down, I think the tide would change against MM big time. Even he's not too thick to see this. For this reason, and this reason alone, I think MM won't make another change.

Thats exactly what we need, another gamble.
If MM is to make any decision before the end of the season, it will always be a gamble.

Keeping Holloway in charge and hoping he turns things round is also a gamble.

As it stands, we are relegated. To get out of this shit we must take a gamble on something.

If we had to go for a new man again I'd prefer we went for Billy Davies but hey, whatever, I think we are probably beyond saving now whether he stays or goes anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69