Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please noooo!!!!

Unlike many on this forum my stance has not changed. I can see what Holloway is trying to do and I know there's more to him than his media output.

We have a significantly better balanced squad - he's not only got in Oakley, Howard and Hendrie but also shifted some of the detritus left over from the summer. I'm delighted to say that Milan has backed him in all of that.

You can be as facetious as you want but you know I'm right :icon_wink

I'm still waiting for Holloway to prove himself, he went slightly closer to that in my eyes today. Not because of the result, but because he finally showed he can change tactics, even if I'm still not sure about starting with two strikers out wide. I think that's how they were supposed to be playing !!:icon_bigg

He has still to prove himself, and the last few weeks things have looked up, but Southampton was a real downer after the Bristol City match. As I say we play one good one, then play one bad one. IH has to keep it to playing good every game

edit to say winning is the main aim though

Last edited:
dowie is a sh*t manager. he has got cov into the position that they are in now so why would we want him here.

dowie is a sh*t manager. he has got cov into the position that they are in now so why would we want him here.
Because our Manager has got us into an even worse position.

he was promised money which he never got. He never got players in he wanted

he was promised money which he never got. He never got players in he wanted

Dont think he would get a lot of money here at the moment BG,wether he would close season is also debatable,depends on which league we are playing in,season ticket sales etc.Or maybe by some kind of miracle he could get this squad playing as a team.By the law of averages somebody has to be able to soon,but then again.

Dont think he would get a lot of money here at the moment BG,wether he would close season is also debatable,depends on which league we are playing in,season ticket sales etc.Or maybe by some kind of miracle he could get this squad playing as a team.By the law of averages somebody has to be able to soon,but then again.
TBH, I don't think we need any more spending on players. We just somebody to make them play.

In your opinion Melts who would that be,its a field of limited options
Blimey, I've no idea TBH.

Personally, I'd rid the club of Holloway now, and stick anybody in who knows, or can asses quickly the strengths and weaknesses of our current bunch of players.

but at the time when dowie was sacked by cov they were in an even worse position than us.
Aye, and when Holloway took over we were in a better position than we are now.

I'm not saying I want Dowie, I'm just saying his job at Cov was harder than Holloway's job here.

Rhydal wont like this but I would approach Cardiff and ask about the availiability of Dave Jones,yes I know he wouldnt come before the end of the season what with the FA Cup but we have to be forward thinking not quick cure.He has been a success wherever hes been and without the cleared court case I believe he would be a proven premiership manager now.Would he come?Who knows,but we would offer him a potentially better chance of progress than Cardiff with the chance of better funds

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69