Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowie would be a step backwards. He plays a long ball game and that never works long term.

I hope mm pays the right money to bring in the right man someone like Ince or Coyle or even big sam.

But seeing as there are no premiership team's without or about to sack a manager i can not see that happening right now

i can't see him becomnig the manager of a premiership team at the minute but i think he would wait until there was a premiership team without a manager then put his name forward for the job.

If Dowie is manager i will be prolonging my stay away from the Walkers.

The bloke who is to be manager does not bother me, it can be anyone, as long as we get success

Im very sure he would not achieve it, i have never rated the bloke.

Good! Isn't the name of Leicester City held in enough contempt by most people already?

everybody moaned about Colin taking over, but how many wished they had kept their gobs shut, as MM said he listened to the fans on that one......:icon_roll

At least Dowie has managed to get a team promoted from this division into the prem ... that's more than Holloway has ever achieved.

Quote from wiki ''On 21 December 2003, Dowie was appointed manager of Crystal Palace, inheriting a squad with low morale and occupying 19th place in Division One. However, under his leadership, the club went on an impressive run that included 17 wins from 23 games after he took over, until the end of the season, enabling the club to finish in sixth place in Division One, just scraping into the Division One play-off places. This feat was attributed to complete change in the atmosphere and training regime at the club, including a tougher disciplinary regime, introduced by Dowie.''

Ok, no gaurantees, but why not give him a try.

At least Dowie has managed to get a team promoted from this division into the prem ... that's more than Holloway has ever achieved.

Quote from wiki ''On 21 December 2003, Dowie was appointed manager of Crystal Palace, inheriting a squad with low morale and occupying 19th place in Division One. However, under his leadership, the club went on an impressive run that included 17 wins from 23 games after he took over, until the end of the season, enabling the club to finish in sixth place in Division One, just scraping into the Division One play-off places. This feat was attributed to complete change in the atmosphere and training regime at the club, including a tougher disciplinary regime, introduced by Dowie.''

Ok, no gaurantees, but why not give him a try.

Does it also say on Wiki how he got his team lost in Newcastle and they all had to get Taxis within about 1 hour of kick off?

Does it also mention how when his side was struggling on the pitch he decided to let them play cricket in training?

Dowie is the archetypal one trick pony...his team's and tactics are always sussed out and after an initial flurry of positive results they fall away..however some might suggest we need that one trick?

Personally I don't think his appointment would bring anything to the club. Even so Ollie´s future at the Walkers and confidence in him turning things around is looking increasingly fragile and Saturdays' game could be pivotal.

Failure to win against Scunthorpe could kill any prospect of staying up..the players, fans and the chairmans' confidence in our survival could be irretrievably damaged and signal the end for Holloway.

I have supported the personnel changes and welcomed IH's positivity but am, like many, fearful of our immediate future....

Nice to see people getting behind potential candidates.

Who gives a f^ck what a manager has done at another club. Surely its what he does at our club that matters.

People have shot down or abused and chased off good managers from this club in the past. And those have been the ones crying out for stability and solidarity at this club. You cant have it both ways.

If Dowie,Sam Al, BD or whoever comes will get my support, for as long as i think they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69