Download Festival 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Looks set to be the best ever this year, for me anyway.

So far, bands of interest:

Motley Crue
ZZ Top
Marilyn Manson
Def Leppard

The Prodigy
Whitesnake
Killswitch Engage
Slipknot
Trivium

Already seen the ones in bold before, and all were excellent.

:038::038::038::038:

Yes I am going Melton, but only for the day, to see Limp Bizkit :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Yes I am going Melton, but only for the day, to see Limp Bizkit :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
Along with money, time constraints and Papa Roach, they'll be a very good reason to stay away

Looks set to be the best ever this year, for me anyway.

So far, bands of interest:

Motley Crue
ZZ Top
Marilyn Manson
Def Leppard

The Prodigy
Whitesnake
Killswitch Engage
Slipknot
Trivium

Already seen the ones in bold before, and all were excellent.

:038::038::038::038:

Slipknot and Trivium are also excellent live, as are Dragonforce. So much better than last year and still loads of bands to be announced.

I'd be really tempted to get a day ticket to go and see def leppard and whitesnake again but apparently they might not be doing day tickets this year...?

apparently they might not be doing day tickets this year...?

I had heard the same rumour. I'm only bothered about Limp Bizkit, but I've been waiting years for the opportunity to see them, so might as well get the weekend ticket to guarantee being able to see them.

I'd be really tempted to get a day ticket to go and see def leppard and whitesnake again but apparently they might not be doing day tickets this year...?

Were you that impressed last time? Def were ok Whitesnake were Cack.

Slipknot and Trivium are also excellent live, as are Dragonforce. So much better than last year and still loads of bands to be announced.

Yes BG but don't get your hopes up,I really can't see Boney M reforming for this

Way off the mark H I just cant see him singing "Brown Girl in the ring" somehow. :icon_wink

the lads in the kop used to sing a similar song years back, same tune different words.......:icon_bigg

Were you that impressed last time? Def were ok Whitesnake were Cack.

They were but Whitesnake are still one of my favourite bands so I'd probably still go and see them again. I'd be keen to go this if the 'decent bands' are playing on the same day and I can get a day ticket for it...

but apparently they might not be doing day tickets this year...?
As with most years.

If they don't sell enough weekend tickets, they'll release the day tickets closer to the gig date.

For me, spending over a £100 on a weekend ticket is no longer practical, nor affordable. If they charged just a tad more for a day ticket than the average price breakdown for a weekend ticket, I'd go.

Bad marketing IMO.

What they seem to do now is split the genres up across the whole weekend so people have to buy a ticket for the whole show. I hate this system.

Last edited:
Faith No More added to the Headline slot :038: Saw them in '92 at Wembley and they were superb.

Also added:

Billy Talent :038:
Dream Theatre

I wouldn't mind seeing faith no more and dream theater as well. Does anybody know when they release the information on what bands are going to be playing on which days? Or will they not? I don't want to go to the whole weekend but there are a few bands there I'd want to see if most of them wind up playing on the same day...

Day tickets on sale today. Already bought mine for Friday!

Limp Bizkit, Faith No More, Korn, Staind - bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566