Dublin sending off

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

Seen highlights of it on Sky and although it was silly to retaliate like that didnt think it deserved a sending off, and i would probably say the same if it was the other way round. There are far worse things that happen that warrant a straight red card. If Dublin had punched or head butted the player then yes send him off but the kick was no worse than giving him a push.

He made the Bangkok Post though. :roll: :wink:

KrazyDipper said:
it's a shame he got a red card.....does this mean he is out for next game or longer ?
This season I believe suspensions are automatic and begin immediately, but how many games he will miss I don't know, probably 3 :!: :roll:

3 games i think and the ban starts straight away.
stupid git :cry:

Micky said on the OS that it means Dublin's banned for 3 games :(

I guess Nathan Blake will fill in. Or maybe Scowy up top with Canero on the right...

chrislcfc18 said:
Seen highlights of it on Sky and although it was silly to retaliate like that didnt think it deserved a sending off, and i would probably say the same if it was the other way round. There are far worse things that happen that warrant a straight red card. If Dublin had punched or head butted the player then yes send him off but the kick was no worse than giving him a push.
Rubbish.

He took a full kick at Brevitt, that was a blatent red card.

chrislcfc18 said:
Hold on a sec, i never asked a scum Forest opinion on this. What would you lot know
You posted on a public message board and I have not seen a rule which says Fester fans only may reply.

I bet I was watching football before you were an itch in your Daddys pants, so I probably know a lot more than you.

It was a red card and no matter how much you try and kid yourself saying you would have said the same had it of been a West Ham player, the fact is that you would have been screaming for a sending off had it of been.

does age mean you know everything about football like? suppose because im 19 means i know **** all?
think dublin sending off was pathetic, but thats football now. i can punch someone in the ribs in amateur league and get told to "calm down" whereas in professional football u get booked for saying "howay ref", theres a limit in my opinion..... the days of roy keane screaming at a ref and him not being able to retaliate with punishment are gone, but thats an extreme unlike many other cases

Marlon said:
chrislcfc18 said:
Hold on a sec, i never asked a scum Forest opinion on this. What would you lot know
You posted on a public message board and I have not seen a rule which says Fester fans only may reply.

I bet I was watching football before you were an itch in your Daddys pants, so I probably know a lot more than you.

For those a little longer in the tooth on this forum, please do not drag up the same arguements and comments that you were last year, we have heard them all before :roll:
What did you do copy and paste an old post :roll:

marlon you seem to have come back with a bit of an edge this year almost agressive or perhaps im just used to dorkwolfs "so laid back he is comatose" type approach.never mind i suppose you will do your usual lord lucan act when we start to do well and you do a mick jagger and fade away also the age thing doesnt really cut it when its related to football opinions in fact the younger ones probably have better eyesight than you :shock: and as for me well i was in baghdad when you were in your dads bag :roll:

Marlon makes me laugh so let him stay. I think we should let people share there opinions (and then laugh about it later if we don't agree).
And lets be honest Dublin deserved to go it was a stupid kick out and he should know better...lets be fair he's old enough to know better.
Once again as the much missed Malf used to say "Chill your beans".

Thing is football has changed a huge amount in the past 20 years so even if you have been watching football from the 50's doesn't mean you know more about it - it just means your old

fitz said:
does age mean you know everything about football like? suppose because im 19 means i know **** all?
Not at all, read the thread again.

He questioned what I knew because I was a Forest fan, I merely counted that with an argument that was easily as ridiculous regarding age simply to prove a point.

Irony is probably something you haven't yet grasped at your tender years. ;)

lazzer said:
marlon you seem to have come back with a bit of an edge this year almost agressive or perhaps im just used to dorkwolfs "so laid back he is comatose" type approach.never mind i suppose you will do your usual lord lucan act when we start to do well and you do a mick jagger and fade away also the age thing doesnt really cut it when its related to football opinions in fact the younger ones probably have better eyesight than you :shock: and as for me well i was in baghdad when you were in your dads bag :roll:
Any chance of some punctuation chap ? I got quite out of breath reading that. ;)

Matt said:
Marlon makes me laugh so let him stay. I think we should let people share there opinions (and then laugh about it later if we don't agree).
Cheers me duck, a mature and sensible reply.

Fox Fan said:
Thing is football has changed a huge amount in the past 20 years so
Thats true.

That is the point, 25 years ago when I started watching football, Dublin would have been told to stop being a girls blouse and get on with the game. That is not the case now in modern day football.

The simple fact is that in line with the rules, and the ethos in modern day football, what he did was violent conduct and he deserved his red card and 3 game ban.

I can understand why in the heat of the moment, you may disagree, I probably would be the same. But if you take a step back a few days later and look at it again, you can't really have any complaints about the decision.

If you want to look at a farcical decision, look at Paynter who got sent off by Probert at the weekend for celebrating a goal. Now that is a joke.

From where I sat on Satdy (C block and not my back garden!) couldn't see what he was sent off for. Having since seen the incident I can see why City aren't appealling against it. Dublin was stupid. It was a full kick at Brevet.
If we go back to last season, Sir Les got sent off against Villa, and was chastised for it, but came back and became a cult hero,.Lets hope for the same from Dion. :evil:

Marlon said:
fitz said:
Not at all, read the thread again.

He questioned what I knew because I was a Forest fan, I merely counted that with an argument that was easily as ridiculous regarding age simply to prove a point.

Irony is probably something you haven't yet grasped at your tender years. ;)

lazzer said:
Any chance of some punctuation chap ? I got quite out of breath reading that. ;)
Matt said:
Cheers me duck, a mature and sensible reply.

Fox Fan said:
Thing is football has changed a huge amount in the past 20 years so
Thats true.

That is the point, 25 years ago when I started watching football, Dublin would have been told to stop being a girls blouse and get on with the game. That is not the case now in modern day football.

The simple fact is that in line with the rules, and the ethos in modern day football, what he did was violent conduct and he deserved his red card and 3 game ban.

I can understand why in the heat of the moment, you may disagree, I probably would be the same. But if you take a step back a few days later and look at it again, you can't really have any complaints about the decision.

If you want to look at a farcical decision, look at Paynter who got sent off by Probert at the weekend for celebrating a goal. Now that is a joke.

oohh he got me on punctuation boo hoo :roll:

Marlon said:
xsubmariner said:
Having since seen the incident I can see why City aren't appealling against it. Dublin was stupid. It was a full kick at Brevet.
Thank you. :)

Nice to have you have back Marlon.... You great tree hugging fool...Best thing you'll get this season is a heart attack for Kinnear...Enjoy watching Rogers...Reid's off to Spurs...your club are f**ked...tee ****ing hee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669