Dublin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

... can't/won't jump, can't/won't run, can't/won't hold the ball up or pass it yet alone run back and tackle, so why the fcuk does he get the nod over Tricky Trev who comes on for the last 10 minutes and has a bigger impact than Dublin all game?

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
... can't/won't jump, can't/won't run, can't/won't hold the ball up or pass it yet alone run back and tackle, so why the **** does he get the nod over Tricky Trev who comes on for the last 10 minutes and has a bigger impact than Dublin all game?

Couldnt agree mored, Dublin offered nothing all night. I cant undertsand why he wasnt hauled off after 60 mins. For one he looked knackered and two he hadnt doe a thing all night. Absolute waste of time. We want Benji, we want Benji.

SamuearlJackson said:
why not play scowcroft up front?

Great idea and then we could have Harper on the right oh shit we cant cos Bassett cocked that one up.

By the way I have had an image change following a fcuk up with e-mail so I have had to re register lost 360 odd posts bollox.

Dubin is the biggest waste of space I've seen this season. guy on the radio reconed he was the MOTM

Dublin had a decent game and we certainly wouldn't have survived the 20minute period of pressure from Ipswich in the second half without him, he may not have had a brilliant game up front but he won a few headers, didn't give the Ipswich defenders an easy time and when defending he excelled

When a defender heads the ball he generally just stand under the ball and sends the ball up the pitch. When a forward scores a goal from a header they will usally turn their head very quickly and 'wip lash' (For want of a better word) the ball adding further force and changing the direction that the ball is travelling which is achieved by a combination of upper body strength and the players neck muscles, which obviously must be very strong.

When dublin first went to villa he scored a lot of goals with his head, he then broke his neck and as any villa fan will tell you, he went from a God to a donkey, and rarely scored again. Now concidering the way a striker heads the ball, I can understand why he aint so confident about using his neck to thunder a ball in to the back of the net and it is not unreasnable to expect his neck to be weakened after being broke, so dont ever expect him to score goals in the way Deano & les did cos it will never happen.

Did ma concider this when he bought him in. I doubt it, and does the 2H's realise this, No chance.

Dublin out

He was absolutely crap last night. I feel sorry for Tricky Tev he deserves
his chance now.

You're all miserable bastards. A couple of players didn't have their best game for us, but why isn't their a thread about how well Nalis or Connerly or Tiatto played?

After our best performance of the season, their is still hardly a positive comment on here.

His name is Connolly, you gimp

There are plenty of positive comments on here, given the outcome of the game

But if you want some more :
Scowie and Connolly were excellent
Stewart and Tiatto looked good
We played some good football
Our first half performance was the best for a long long time
If it wasn't for their keeper the game would have been all over after 45 mins
There was evidence of passion and commitment
It was entertaining stuff, not dull dire drivel

BUT take your rose tinted specs off
Dublin and Makin were an embarassing nightmare
When they changed to 4-3-3 we didn't have a feckin clue what to do
We played the last 35 mins on our own 18 yard line
We defended the last quarter of the game like 10 year old schoolboys
We threw two points away AGAIN
If wasn't for the fact that the ref was a blind twat, we would have lost

Dunc said:
Williams was shite as well

Williams had a good game in my opinion. When we were playing "football" in the first half he was very good. How can you say he has a shit game. :roll:

I left the ground for the first time in months??? feeling optimistic.

Midfield had a good game, Scowcroft though is still not and will probably never be a right midfielder

Stewart had a good game, just wish the crowd would respond better to him, he tries, it doesn't work everyone is on his back

Makin on the other hand couldn't pass to a Leicester player all evening but doesn't gt the same treatment.

support Jordan and give him a chance

Dubklin absolutely dreadful, yeah OK he helped out in defence when we were having problems but otherwise

also thought the team went to pieces for a while after Williams went off

anyway I'm Mr Optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673