Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dublin has scored 3 goals this season from 13 appearances .... Connolly has scored 2 goals from 16 appearances.... they both average in their careers a goal every 3 games. I admit both have been dissapointing this season (so far) but Dublin cost us nothing and IMO it would be a travesty to send him to the Cov for nothing! We don't have too many options up front if we have injuries or suspensions and I think Dublin still has something to offer..... give him time but make it time on the bench with potential for a 20 minute appearance if required!

If dion would make some kind of effort to get to the ball, the fans would be a lot more forgiving. But we just dont like lazy gits...................

Have you ever thought he is not lazy just old and maybe a little tired.... the nights are drawing in and it's getting cold and all of that doesn't help those Weary legs!!

Oh and of course it maybe the crap service as well we've been giving our front men too. We've just started playing some actual FOOTBALL so lets give them a chance 8)

ELUR - CFCL said:
Dublin has scored 3 goals this season from 13 appearances .... Connolly has scored 2 goals from 16 appearances.... they both average in their careers a goal every 3 games. I admit both have been dissapointing this season (so far) but Dublin cost us nothing and IMO it would be a travesty to send him to the Cov for nothing! We don't have too many options up front if we have injuries or suspensions and I think Dublin still has something to offer..... give him time but make it time on the bench with potential for a 20 minute appearance if required!

Spot on - his place should be on the bench because he can also double up as a substitute centre back which given his now very limited mobility is IMO his best position anyway - we all know that its easier to play with the ball coming at you rather than trying to latch onto crosses etc up front. He's clearly nearly finished as a player but could still do a bit of a job over 20 minutes or so.

As for Connolly -its a long established fact that you have to be brilliant to be a top striker when you are as small as he is -he looks like a decent forward -but far from prem class.

Redditch Fox said:
ELUR - CFCL said:

Spot on - his place should be on the bench because he can also double up as a substitute centre back which given his now very limited mobility is IMO his best position anyway - we all know that its easier to play with the ball coming at you rather than trying to latch onto crosses etc up front. He's clearly nearly finished as a player but could still do a bit of a job over 20 minutes or so.

As for Connolly -its a long established fact that you have to be brilliant to be a top striker when you are as small as he is -he looks like a decent forward -but far from prem class.

It appears CL has used his superman like powers to transform Conelly into an excellent player. Since CL's been here Conelly has been 3x the player! To be honest im confident they''ll strt goin in for him.

As for Dubln, send the lazy git to the Youth squad. If he feels he has been playing too long he should of retired instead of trying to Fleace us! No Sympathy with him what-so-ever!! Hope he buggas off sooner reather than later!

A workmate of mine is a hammers fan , and rates connolly highly.Having seen 1 or 2 Leicester games, he quickly pointed out that Leicesters style under MA would nulify his strong points. With CL now in charge we all hope to see a bit of football . If i was to put my neck on the block i still reckon Connolly will come good for us and i believe 15-20 goals this season is not out of the question.Our performance against cov was uplifting ,therefore the less hoofing and more football we play the better Connolly will do for us.

As soon as Connolly scores for the new boss, the floodgates will open and he'll rapidly become our top scorer.

Compared to Dublin he is an eager beaver.

Dublin Switch Off
City boss Craig Levein revealed on Thursday that Dion Dublin's proposed move to Coventry City has fallen through.

Dublin (35) has found himself shifted down the pecking order since the arrival of new manager Levein from Hearts.

The former Villa striker has been named on the bench for City's last two games against Crewe and Coventry - with David Connolly and James Scowcroft chosen to lead the Leicester frontline.

Dublin had been given permission by City to speak to the Sky Blues earlier this week, but Levein confirmed that the centre forward was still a Leicester player - for now.

He said: "I understand Dion's position. At this stage of his career he wants to play football but I have made my mind up that James Scowcroft and David Connolly are the first choice strikers.

"Dion is a little bit frustrated and I can fully understand that. He has indicated that he might wish to play elsewhere and play regular first team football.

"It is not something that we have got any hurry to do. Coventry did make an enquiry about him and I believe that the deal broke down between Coventry and Dion. I don't know exactly what the nature of that was but we are quite happy to have him. He is a great asset for me sitting on the bench and he is someone who I could bring on late in matches"

link

Leigh said:
Dublin Switch Off
City boss Craig Levein revealed on Thursday that Dion Dublin's proposed move to Coventry City has fallen through.

Dublin (35) has found himself shifted down the pecking order since the arrival of new manager Levein from Hearts.

The former Villa striker has been named on the bench for City's last two games against Crewe and Coventry - with David Connolly and James Scowcroft chosen to lead the Leicester frontline.

Dublin had been given permission by City to speak to the Sky Blues earlier this week, but Levein confirmed that the centre forward was still a Leicester player - for now.

He said: "I understand Dion's position. At this stage of his career he wants to play football but I have made my mind up that James Scowcroft and David Connolly are the first choice strikers.

"Dion is a little bit frustrated and I can fully understand that. He has indicated that he might wish to play elsewhere and play regular first team football.

"It is not something that we have got any hurry to do. Coventry did make an enquiry about him and I believe that the deal broke down between Coventry and Dion. I don't know exactly what the nature of that was but we are quite happy to have him. He is a great asset for me sitting on the bench and he is someone who I could bring on late in matches"

link

Shame that Dion is a bit frustrated -but its not as frustrated as we are with his crap, lazy performances.

Dublin is obviously more bothered about money, than playing first team football otherwise he wouldnt have turned the move to Coventry down as he couldnt agree personal terms but prefers to stay at Leicester and warm the bench.

Says it all really, explains what Dublin is all about.

Dublin I am sure took a serious drop in wages to come to us (turning down Cov previously)... I imagine Reid (currently managing a languishing side) offered Dublin a ridiculously low wage to go to Cov.

Hmmm, let me think go to a side facing demotion and get paid less for the privilege and add insult to injury have Peter Reid telling you what to do! I hope Dublin realises it would be better playing super-sub to a side with prospects and be in a dressing room with a good vibe about it... I still maintain he can do a job for us and there are goals in him for us this year... I see no reason to be hard on him yet and I for one, hope he stays!

ELUR - CFCL said:
Dublin I am sure took a serious drop in wages to come to us (turning down Cov previously)... I imagine Reid (currently managing a languishing side) offered Dublin a ridiculously low wage to go to Cov.

Hmmm, let me think go to a side facing demotion and get paid less for the privilege and add insult to injury have Peter Reid telling you what to do! I hope Dublin realises it would be better playing super-sub to a side with prospects and be in a dressing room with a good vibe about it... I still maintain he can do a job for us and there are goals in him for us this year... I see no reason to be hard on him yet and I for one, hope he stays!

Totally agree, i still cant see the point of letting him go...its all good with Levein saying Connolly and Scowcroft are first choice strikers, but say if one of them picks up injury/suspension? There is still a long way to go, i beleive Dion is capable of doing a job when on form at the back as well as upfront.

If Connolly gets injured then CL will play Morris if Scowcroft gets injured then I believe Levein will have got someone in to replace Dublin.Levein obviously isn't bothered if Dublin goes and now he knows he isn't first choice then I think Dublin will definately move on.It's not worked out which is a shame but IMO it would be best for both parties if Dion moved on.

on the bbc sports page, Peter Reid said that Dublin turned down Coventry coz he is waiting to see if a Prem team comes in for him... :D dream on Dion.

I dont know how much dublin is earning but does he give city value for money?
Would his salary get us a better player?
If city got rid of him would it free up more money for levein to spend next season?
The answers are Yes, Yes, Yes

Get rid, release some cash.

He is not value for money and sack blake for signing a contract under false pretence, He aint a football player.

Come on Dion, I wouldn't have you in my park team, Its about time you woke up!

Just proves that he really did think he was bigger than this club, as many suspected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669