Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

IMO, sorely missed today.

Altho' playing at the back recently, he is the ideal guy to switch up front when things aren't going well.

I know lots of you think he is a waste of space but, for Christ sake, at least he can head a ball! 44 crosses today & not one header on goal by our forwards.

And I'm sorry (yes he is young & enthusiastic) but Tommy Wright def isn't the answer. Even when I've seen him in the ressies he has been sh*t! Was on for 20 or more minutes today & I can't even remember him touching the bloody ball! Youth counts when they can play football!

Amen

I agree completely from corners hes always the target man i expected more from De Vries today in the air but really missed Dublins experience as much as I think he's useless he misses a game and we fall apart at the back and up front. Still nowhere near as good as Sir Les was for us last year and we do miss Izzett putting some half decent corners in last season the majority of our goals were scored form the air and we just lack that threat this year.

Our longest serving outfield player today was Matt Heath and most of the others have been here since the start of this season or less except for dabizas, nalis, and gillespie. The longest serving player at the club is Jordan Stewart and he's just turned 23. It just shows that we are not gelling as a team and are so low on confidence. There is no leader and not many of them have any passion for the team.

How long have our team been here:

Ian Walker-From season 01/02
Darren Kenton-Thursday
Matt Heath-From about 2001/2
Nikos Dabizas-Jan 04
Alan Maybury-Jan 05
Keith Gillespie-Start of season 03/04
Gareth Williams-Start of this season
Lilian Nalis-Start of season 03/04
Danny Tiatto-Start of this season
Mark De Vries-Jan 05
David Connolly-Start of this season

Subs

Lars Hirchfield-Jan 05
Patrick McCarthy-Thursday
Stephen Hughes-Feb 05
Richard Stearman-From about the start of this season
Tommy Wright-From about the start of the season 02/03

When we went up from the 1st division before the whole team changed then when we we went down the whole team changed again and now we seem to have nearly a whole new team from the start of the season. Although I think he is doing the right thing and taking the team in the direction CL needs to put some stability into the team and keep with them.[/code][/quote]

Can't wait till they're both fit again so we can see the Dublin-Blake partnership score the goals to ease us to safety...

Did it agaist charlton.

What annoyed me was the number of balls we put in the box that we didnt challenge for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669