DVD to avi or mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

What's the best (FREEWARE) program to rip a DVD to a format that can be transferred onto an Android tablet?

Thanks.

Try DVD Decryptor to rip the DVD to your hard drive, may not work if it's a newer one as it's not been updated in years but generally most seem to work.

Once it's on your hard drive, use Handbrake to rip to the desired format using one of the Android preset settings.

CloneDVd has worked for me in the past, I think there is a trial if you only need it for a short time.

When it comes to changing formats on anything I have always found Format Factory to be the mutts nuts. It has a DVD to video file option, then just select the desired format, MP4, avi etc

http://www.formatoz.com/

I've tried a few, but the whole process of ripping a DVD and converting it to avi takes so long I've found it's usually much quicker to download it from a dodgy torrent site or from usenet instead.

And to think I recall getting a bit of flack off you when I announced that I used an ad-blocker to avoid seeing adverts on TalkingBalls :icon_bigg

Try DVD Decryptor.....

Downloaded to try. Well, the last version that is still available! Thanks.

CloneDVd....

Looks as if it will but I'd want it for all time rather than a short term trial and would rather save my Euros for Ibiza :icon_lol:

When it comes to changing formats on anything I have always found Format Factory to be the mutts nuts.

Ha! I've actually got that!! I tried it last night but it would only 'see' certain sections of the DVD rather than the main feature. I'll try upgrading to the latest version to see if that helps.

Thanks all.

Despite my reply I tend to think that Webbo probably has it right in this :icon_wink

And to think I recall getting a bit of flack off you when I announced that I used an ad-blocker to avoid seeing adverts on TalkingBalls :icon_bigg

Downloaded to try. Well, the last version that is still available! Thanks.

Looks as if it will but I'd want it for all time rather than a short term trial and would rather save my Euros for Ibiza :icon_lol:

Ha! I've actually got that!! I tried it last night but it would only 'see' certain sections of the DVD rather than the main feature. I'll try upgrading to the latest version to see if that helps.

Thanks all.

Despite my reply I tend to think that Webbo probably has it right in this :icon_wink

If you're going to go down that route, surely just get a dodgy copy of CloneDVD, then you only have to do it once?

If you're going to go down that route, surely just get a dodgy copy of CloneDVD, then you only have to do it once?

Yeah, but I'm not going to announce that in public am I :icon_wink

Surely there's nothing wrong with downloading films you already have on DVD?

Morally, no and I've done it before. I'm not sure where the law stands on it though, if you were caught.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I have no problem with people downloading any film, even if they don't own it, it is their choice. I just get annoyed when people justify it with things like "it's a victimless crime" or "it's not the same as stealing a DVD from HMV". (I'm not saying you are doing that, I agree with your justification).

I've also used the same justification recently to download a bunch of kindle books that I have already purchased a physical copy of, most of them in both hardback and paperback.

Last edited:
Morally, no and I've done it before. I'm not sure where the law stands on it though, if you were caught.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I have no problem with people downloading any film, even if they don't own it, it is their choice. I just get annoyed when people justify it with things like "it's a victimless crime" or "it's not the same as stealing a DVD from HMV". (I'm not saying you are doing that, I agree with your justification).

I've also used the same justification recently to download a bunch of kindle books that I have already purchased a physical copy of, most of them in both hardback and paperback.

Perhaps you could assist me in where you downloaded the kindle books from... :icon_bigg

Does CloneDVD work on it's own or do you need AnyDVD as well to do the decryption?

The latest version of FormatFactory is fecking brilliant. Bit slow but then I suppose it is a memory/processor intensive task. Excellent results for my purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669