Dwight Yorke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

His career in English football came to an end in April 2005 when his miserable time at Birmingham City was cut short and his contract was cancelled.

He was meant to join Australian football club Sydney FC to start their season in July. Is he still there?

Could he do a job for us from January as he would want to be playing in a better league than Australian football prior to going to the World Cup.

Is he worth a go?

Last edited:
Motown Fox said:
His career in English football came to an end in April 2005 when his miserable time at Birmingham City was cut short and his contract was cancelled.

He was meant to join Australian football club Sydney FC to start their season in July. Is he still there?

Could he do a job for us from January as he would want to be playing in a better league than Australian football prior to going to the World Cup.

Is he worth a go?

Not for me .

no way. hes a wanker. he had talent but liked the lifestyle more and hes well past his best. IMO he is no better than having patience with what we have got.

highland fox said:
He's more of a Cripple than Morris...

Exactly and he had his chance to come to City but chose Derby instead. :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_evil :icon_evil ;)

Steven said:
Exactly and he had his chance to come to City but chose Derby instead. :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_evil :icon_evil ;)

He didn't have the choice to come here.

O'Neill had him at Filbert Street for a couple of days for a trial, but couldn't decide whether to sign him or not, so he asked Nuneaton if he could have him for another week, and Nuneaton refused, so O'Neill didn't sign him. Then the sheep signed him. O'Neill was never one for making quick decisions when it came to signing players.

webmaster said:

O'Neill had him at Filbert Street for a couple of days for a trial, but couldn't decide whether to sign him or not, so he asked Nuneaton if he could have him for another week, and Nuneaton refused, so O'Neill didn't sign him. Then the sheep signed him. O'Neill was never one for making quick decisions when it came to signing players.

Didn't he actually play in City colours in a reserve match - I could be wrong but he may have scored as well

webmaster said:

Yet he did sign Graham Fenton, Fenton must've played his heart out at some stage!

Wouldnt take on any of the players mentioned. other than maybe Nemeth, but we couldnt afford to sign him.

I dont get this, what exactly is wrong with the players we have. MDV has got 8 now (I think) which is not bad to be far, I certainly never saw him as a 20 goal a season striker and anyone who did was always gonna feel let down. Hume is struggling at this level but im sure with experience and a run of games he will start to score more. He is still a relatively young player. Elvis isnt the player for us IMO however he is a good squad player and that is the reason he came here. Dublin is cover up front as and when we need him but is doing reasonably ok at the back IMO. We may need another striker as cover should the injuries/suspensions come in. This is where a Nemeth style deal comes in for me. However im sure one of the young lads could step up for us when needed, even if they need honing a little.

CL is building with young players. Signing a failed centre forward with a bad attitude is not the thing we as a club need.

Motown Fox said:

Is he worth a go?

There's no chance of that happening. Yorke is doing very well for Sydney, I've been to most of their home matches. He is treated like a god here, and loves the weather etc etc, and is on a very decent wage packet as each team is allowed to sign one player on a salary outside the salary cap. He got a luxury apartment in Bondi and a Porsche on top of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669