Early days in project Milans mad dog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all need to chill out a little and let MA do his business over the coming months. The 5 boys in so far are merely a little piece of the jigsaw and we should not be measuring our future success against these new arrivals. Every single one of these lads could merely be the necessary squad players we require, with the real jewels to come in a few weeks time. So far we have probably recruited more than most clubs and yet i can see at least half a dozen more coming soon.

I seem to remember MON doing all his best business in the week preceding the start of a new season, so this really is early days.

Have patience fellas, in a months time we will be licking our lips at the amazing squad we have - i hope!!!!

I think we all need to chill out a little and let MA do his business over the coming months. The 5 boys in so far are merely a little piece of the jigsaw and we should not be measuring our future success against these new arrivals. Every single one of these lads could merely be the necessary squad players we require, with the real jewels to come in a few weeks time. So far we have probably recruited more than most clubs and yet i can see at least half a dozen more coming soon.

I seem to remember MON doing all his best business in the week preceding the start of a new season, so this really is early days.

Have patience fellas, in a months time we will be licking our lips at the amazing squad we have - i hope!!!!

that was Martin O Neil, now Martin Allen is the manager of leicester city and he is doing things different

Absolutley

But what i'm trying to say is that in a long summer of transfers - this is still very early days

Dead Right. If, as it seems, he's looking for more than a dozen, most are going to be of the sort we've seen already. Plenty of time for a couple with a better CV.

Perhaps this is why MA got the job,maybe other bigger named Managers lost any interest in the job when they were told that a large percentage or all of their Signings will have to be Free Transfers.:102:

Perhaps this is why MA got the job,maybe other bigger named Managers lost any interest in the job when they were told that a large percentage or all of their Signings will have to be Free Transfers.:102:

:018: That's actually: "all of their signings will have to be shite free transfers that on one else would touch with a feckin' bargepole"

:018: That's actually: "all of their signings will have to be shite free transfers that on one else would touch with a feckin' bargepole"

Why so negative

Not one of these lads is a cast iron cert to be "shite". Infact all of them could turn out to be quality signings.

I think he is simply padding out the squad at the moment and will then bring in some key players for our starting 11.

the players we have signed and continue to be linked with have all had other clubs who wanted them and we have beaten/ trying to beat them to the sigs. So your comment belongs in the bullplop thread im affraid.

Last edited:
"Free transfer" signifies little post-Bosman. Look back at last season - a very high proportion of transfers were "free", even many top premiership players.

Being released from contract on a free, or refused a contract extension might be worrying, but simply being a free agent says nothing about a player's ability

Why so negative

Not one of these lads is a cast iron cert to be "shite". Infact all of them could turn out to be quality signings.

I think he is simply padding out the squad at the moment and will then bring in some key players for our starting 11.

SPOT ON!

I couldn't agree more. And by the way, Hellings looks a quality player and at 22 years old he has an amazing 'CV'.

:038:

Martin Allen is doing a good job. Why is everybody comparing him to Martin Oneill?

:102:

the players we have signed and continue to be linked with have all had other clubs who wanted them and we have beaten/ trying to beat them to the sigs. So your comment belongs in the bullplop thread im affraid.

And you believe that to be true because either the Mercury or the OS have said so.....Maybe I'm just cynical but I didn't read anywhere in the National Press of anyone wanting Carl Cort,perhaps I missed it.I'm trying valiantly to remain open minded though and shall wait til the play in a City shirt before judging them

SPOT ON!

I couldn't agree more. And by the way, Hellings looks a quality player and at 22 years old he has an amazing 'CV'.

Martin Allen is doing a good job. Why is everybody comparing him to Martin Oneill?

:102:

what exactly is amazing about it? just out of interest.

what exactly is amazing about it? just out of interest.

the standard of football he has been involved with, the Dutch league is miles better than the Championship will ever be. Also, clubs such as Ajax and Anderlecht are sure to improve a player!

He will outshine the rest of the city squad this season.

the standard of football he has been involved with, the Dutch league is miles better than the Championship will ever be. Also, clubs such as Ajax and Anderlecht are sure to improve a player!

You've obviously not seem much of Dutch or Belgian football if you think it's better than the Championship. A few teams may be better, but most of them are crap.

He failed to make it at Ajax. Anderlecht are pretty crap - pretty much the standard of a championship side but he failed to get in the side there. Gawd only knows what the standard of his last club was - Conference or worse presumably, since they're handing out amateur contracts.

Erm...a player who came through a youth system, was sold for £1.3 million failed to make the grade and was then shipped out to a nondescript league where he failed to play or make an impact. Rounding off, he is picked up on a free as his team don't want to offer him an extension to his contract and we 'beat' others to him?

Maybe he will be OK but he's not an amazing signing nor has he experience of playing top flight Dutch league footy.

All of this is simply a precursor to pointing out that when you say "the Dutch league is miles better than the Championship will ever be" you demonstrate yourself to be a total tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669