Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a Milan adventure. I can't see that someone as down to earth as Pearson would be interested.

He looked more or less on his last legs when he played for Spurs a few seasons ago and i don't think he would hack it in our league now. Once people have seen that he is well past it, I can't see us selling many more tickets or shirts etc.

Let's hope that this is mainly a publicity stunt and doesn't materialise.

Where is everyone getting this from?

I was under the impression he was brilliant for them in his 1 season there, he was a fans favourite and many Spurs fans were dissapointed when he left ?? :102:

Even if he never played a game for us to have someone like that around our squad would surely only be beneficial to us.

You'd be happy for us to sign a player on a reported £20,000 a week to not play any games? Thank Christ you're not managing our club.

Is Edgar Davids? Of course he ****ing isn't. Lazy racial stereotyping makes you look a twat, just so you know.

****ing hell, chill out mate. Davids has dreadlocks, a style of haircut that is associated closely with Rastafarians. Harbs never said that Davids was a Rastafarian, just that he wanted to get a Rastafarian wig.

Jumping down people's throats and calling them twats for making harmless, inoffensive comments makes you look a twat, just so you know.

http://www.4thegame.com/club/portsmouth-fc/news/248875/hart_rules_out_davids_swoop.html

Doesn't look like Portsmouth will be signing him. Then again, I doubt Paul Hart is really running much down there.

I think this would be a good signing for both the team and the club if it happens. Maybe he didn't inspire Spurs too much but that was in a higher league and can anyone say he wouldn't have potentially improved our midfield in the first half last night?

As someone previously noted, I can see this being similar to the Paul Merson and Teddy Sheringham signings made by Portsmouth when Milan was Chairman and they got promotion to the Premier League.

Anyone know where we can get some cheap dreadlock wigs???

Would surely be one of the highest profile players ever to play for us if it happens, I'd love to see him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00