EDL lies about The Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffa Bacon

The EDL and a blogger are claiming that The Globe has banned British Forces personnel which has brought threats to burn the pub down from the knuckle daggers. It's al lies, the picture in the story isn't even from the globe.

Which Globe are you talking about? I'm surprised that this blogger doesn't have a website that you could've linked to.

Last edited:
Linking to libel? Not a good idea, blog is dailybale on Wordpress.

The one on silver st in Leicester.

Ah, I didn't notice the word 'pub' in the original post, thought it might've been The Globe theatre. That'd be some bonfire if they set fire to that.

Well having read it I am absolutely outraged. How could they ban all military like that? Don't the landlords realise that without the military invading other countries and murdering brown people, they wouldn't have the freedom to ban anybody?

It's a great little pub as well.

They used to do a spicy chutney relish with their burgers, utterly lovely. They do a mean Everards Tiger and Steak pie as well.

It's a great little pub as well.

They used to do a spicy chutney relish with their burgers, utterly lovely. They do a mean Everards Tiger and Steak pie as well.

Spicy chutney relish? Tiger and steak pies? And now barring military personnel? They're basically just pandering to immigrants

I saw this develop on FB and what it did bring home to me was how easily and quickly it spread and many people I know reacted too easily and joined the witch burning crowd when it so blatantly a fabricated story. The people who run this pub had to react quickly to deny all the allegations their business may suffer. I also saw people outside the following day reading the hastily put up notices in all the windows. A few non military but yet dressed in army uniform weirdos hanging around outside . The power of the internets

......and many people I know reacted too easily and joined the witch burning crowd......

You don't need friends or colleagues or even family like that. Drop 'em off your Christmas card list or worse.

You don't need friends or colleagues or even family like that. Drop 'em off your Christmas card list or worse.

The news spread up this way, one of my normally more intelligent mates posted a link to a different article describing the shocking treatment of the service men.

About five minutes later there were about 10-20 comments on his link saying "daft ****", "it's lies you ****ing bellend" etc, etc. The internet can be bad for people jumping to believe this sort of bollocks, but it is also wonderful for people quickly being corrected with facts and such like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669