Elliott/Keown

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Could this partnership work? It would eliminate Bambi and Dabizas, and Id have Stearman as back up, or Dublin (because theres no room for him up front!)

What has every one got against Heath. I think he is an excellent defender and would be a better option up front than Dublin

Would be a lot better organised with those two in the middle, my only concern would be the lack of pace. I would love to see Elliott / Keown / Stearman in a back 3 - but I am a dreamer......

What has every one got against Heath. I think he is an excellent defender and would be a better option up front than Dublin

If you think Heath is an excellent defender I dont know what games you must be watching, he is slow, he cant pass, he cant read the game and If I was a striker I would be laughing at what I was facing in front of him. I think Heath is part of the reason Keown has got so pissed off, can you imagine how he feels when he sees bambi on the pitch and him sitting on the bench.

Heath actually came into our team when we were 15th in the premier last season, it doesnt surprise me how far we have gone down since then, he at fault for more goals than any other player and as soon as Adams goes you wont see Heath anywhere near the first team again.

would both players try and run the show with awful consequences?

I'd love to see Keown and Elliott as our central defence. It won't happen thought :(

For any1 whose on the ball, fact was when cotterill came in to help in the coaching, (being a defensive minded coach) he recomended Heath to MA and we went on a run and didnt conceed for a few games..

Sure Keown is good, but he doesnt look half as good 4 us as he did 4 the gunners, he got made to look so much better than he was by campbell, and doesnt want it 4 us,

Elliott is my first name on the sheet!!

Dabizas (WHO!!) thinks hes too good 4 the club

Semper Eadem. well said, we dont want dabisas or heath, As long as we had some pace to back up elliot and Keown, our defence would be rock solid, and we desperatly need a solid defence that we can build on

The sooner the new manager starts, the sooner we will see the donkeys back at blackpool beach and city with some pride

Semper Eadem, agree with your comment.

What we would do for a "Walshie" at this time. Under MO our defence was rock solid and the players were not household names like Dabizas, Keown etc. With Walsh, Elliott, Taggert, Sinclair etc in the side and Lennon breaking up play as the defensive midfielder, there was an air of confidence when they played together, nowadays I start panicking when I see the defence announced. Lets hope Elliott comes back to somewhere near his best and settles the defence down. The loss of Walker does not help the defensive situation either as Pressman is a bit of a liability too. I believe Heath is a bit naive and immature as a defender but is hopefully one for the future.
As for Stearman, I need to see him play a bit more before commenting.
Then theres the midfield - but thats another story.

Bring back Gerry! - is that desperation?
Bring back MO! - thats wishful thinking.

Semper Eadem said:

If you think Heath is an excellent defender I dont know what games you must be watching, he is slow, he cant pass, he cant read the game and If I was a striker I would be laughing at what I was facing in front of him. I think Heath is part of the reason Keown has got so pissed off, can you imagine how he feels when he sees bambi on the pitch and him sitting on the bench.

Heath actually came into our team when we were 15th in the premier last season, it doesnt surprise me how far we have gone down since then, he at fault for more goals than any other player and as soon as Adams goes you wont see Heath anywhere near the first team again.

Closely followed by Dabizas.

All good teams are built from the back with a solid defence, and as of yet, ma does not know what our best defence is and so continues to swap and change the defence.
If we are to succeed the best defence possible must be selected, including Keown and then ma has to stick to that defence so they get an understanding of each other and start to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669