Employee rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie_d123

My employer as just given me 30 days notice after 15 months for no apparent reason other than not hitting target for previous 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me if this is legal?

My employer as just given me 30 days notice after 15 months for no apparent reason other than not hitting target for previous 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me if this is legal?

Does your contract state that more than 30 days notice is required?

Just spoke to the mrs who is an HR officer.

If your contract states your performance is based on targets, then they could well be within their rights.

She also said there is a capability clause which covers most employers, so they might be going down this route.

The best advice though would be to phone ACAS for free confidential employment issues - 08457 474747 Open 8am til 8pm Mon-Fri

Good luck :023:

It states 30 days but I assumed this was after various stages of warnings else whats the point of any contract if they can get rid any time.

Just spoke to the mrs who is an HR officer.

If your contract states your performance is based on targets, then they could well be within their rights.

She also said there is a capability clause which covers most employers, so they might be going down this route.

The best advice though would be to
phone ACAS for free confidential employment issues - 08457 474747 Open
8am til 8pm Mon-Fri

Good luck :023:

My contract as nothing in it regarding targets, also if been more than capable
for the previous 14 months, acas say they can't help untill I am dismissed. Thanks
for your response.

(my understanding from last two birds working in HR!)

if it isn't in your contract... they can only get rid of you through gross mis-conduct

have you previously had a formal or written warning?

if not they don't seem to have a very good case

you in the union? you can get a free representative in an industrial tribunal

I always thought it had to be gross misconduct to, if never had any warnings of any kind.

If BG was your employer you wouldnt get 30 seconds.:icon_wink

Seriously though, my company are going through a process of enforcing some horrendous T&C's on us. They are using the recession as an excuse, which seems rather strange since the company share price as risen by nearly 40% in the last few months.

Seriously though, my company are going through a process of enforcing some horrendous T&C's on us. They are using the recession as an excuse, which seems rather strange since the company share price as risen by nearly 40% in the last few months.

I don't employ anybody now, not done so for a long time.

probably because the company revealed they were clamping down on wages and rises ;)

probably because the company revealed they were clamping down on wages and rises ;)

It didnt stop our chief exec taking over a 50% pay rise for himself last year.
They always tell us that they need to stay ahead of the game, and thats why they need to make brutal changes.
Odd then that the bloke who helped himself to a pot of gold, must have been the only person in my company that wasnt aware of the looming recession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566