End of season awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Vote now.

Having considered all candidates, I went for Tielemans as POTY and for goal of the season against Brentford.

I went for Dewsbury-Hall as Young POTY.

For reasons best known to themselves, in voting I also was required to vote in the women's categories despite not having a Scooby Doo who any of them were. How idiotic but best of luck to those I nominated, whoever they are.

They were trying to flog sponsorships for this Last Week.

Also desperately trying to sell tables. Like any company is going to drop £5k and round up 10 people for a Monday night with barley a week's notice.

Vote now.

Having considered all candidates, I went for Tielemans as POTY and for goal of the season against Brentford.

I went for Dewsbury-Hall as Young POTY.

For reasons best known to themselves, in voting I also was required to vote in the women's categories despite not having a Scooby Doo who any of them were. How idiotic but best of luck to those I nominated, whoever they are.

I like that we can vote for players who’ve never played for the first team

Bertrand for player of the year and Dewberries for young player.

I'd guess the women's awards will go to the answers already in the drop down. Just silly really.

I feel that this poll has completely lost any merit - it's been open way too long. It's like having a general election that runs for several months and allows voters to change their mind. A poll should be used to produce a point in time reflection of sentiment across a population. Now, if it was possible to look at the history of the poll, and query point in time sentiment, that would be useful, but as far as I can see, that's not possible. Webbo? Any way to do that?

I'm going with Marc Albrighton for player of the season. Paige Bailey-Gayle has to get my vote for best women's team player - we'll do well to hold off potential bidders for her. Will Alves gets the nod for best youth player. Tielemans vs Man United for goal of the season (men's team). And finally, although there have been some top quality goals this season for the women's team, Shannon O'Brien vs Durham has my vote. I'll never forget where I was when that went in.

I'm going with Marc Albrighton for player of the season. Paige Bailey-Gayle has to get my vote for best women's team player - we'll do well to hold off potential bidders for her. Will Alves gets the nod for best youth player. Tielemans vs Man United for goal of the season (men's team). And finally, although there have been some top quality goals this season for the women's team, Shannon O'Brien vs Durham has my vote. I'll never forget where I was when that went in.

I think Paige Bailey-Gayle might be getting a lot of votes...

Nice trolling BN.

Maddison is player of the season, no question.

I was not trolling. Maddison was garbage until November and he's been hot and cold again recently. He was excellent for about a third of the season and not good at all for the rest.

Tielemans is the only player I can see that has been largely fit, largely in the team and largely put in a shift. He's dropped off a bit very recently but there is nobody else except for perhaps Schmeichel and he's had his worst season for us in my opinion.

I did also consider Dewsbury-Hall but, again, he did nothing until Xmas so can't be the POTY.

I was not trolling. Maddison was garbage until November and he's been hot and cold again recently. He was excellent for about a third of the season and not good at all for the rest.

Tielemans is the only player I can see that has been largely fit, largely in the team and largely put in a shift. He's dropped off a bit very recently but there is nobody else except for perhaps Schmeichel and he's had his worst season for us in my opinion.

I did also consider Dewsbury-Hall but, again, he did nothing until Xmas so can't be the POTY.

Screenshot_20220509-202237.png

When I played sunday league youth football the team I played for was attached to a working men's club. We had an end of season party every year with an awards presentation. Player of the year, best newcomer,goal of the season etc. There was a DJ & the bar staff would studiously ignore the fact you were all underage unless a fight started (it was a very different time) We all looked forward to it.
One season was particularly bad. We were shite. Finished bottom. Lost our last game of the season 11-2
The manager told us in the dressing room afterwards that the party that year was cancelled as we were all complete shit & nobody deserved any kind of award for anything after such pathetic performances.

I'd be happy to do the same for LCFC this season. Nobody deserves anything.

Youri has certainly been in the team, but he really hasn’t put a shift in. Being kind he has been missing since January and you could argue before that as well.

I’ve said it before, last season he would control games and how we played, this season he has hidden a lot.

The stats support it as well, his touches and passes are significantly down compared to last season:

2020/21
Touches 3151 (82.92 per game)
Passes 2482 (65.3 per game)
Tackles 86 (2.26 per game)

2021/22
Touches 1980 (68.27 per game)
Passes 1514 (52.2 per game)
Tackles 60 (2.03 per game)

Youri has certainly been in the team, but he really hasn’t put a shift in. Being kind he has been missing since January and you could argue before that as well.

I’ve said it before, last season he would control games and how we played, this season he has hidden a lot.

The stats support it as well, his touches and passes are significantly down compared to last season:

2020/21
Touches 3151 (82.92 per game)
Passes 2482 (65.3 per game)
Tackles 86 (2.26 per game)

2021/22
Touches 1980 (68.27 per game)
Passes 1514 (52.2 per game)
Tackles 60 (2.03 per game)
Agree with all of the above Willow, do you think he could be exhausted?

He has had very little down-time in two seasons and that must have an effect on your performances mentally, even if, physically he is fit-as-a-fiddle.

The engine room of our side during 19/20 and 20/21 was the Ndidi and Tielemans partnership.

Ndidi has been missing for much of the season. When he has been fit, he's also been way off the form that we had got used to. Not having Ndidi alongside him will have required a lot more running from Tielemans and a lot less freedom to take up the incisive role we got used to.

Tielemans has also been carrying Soumare/Mendy/Choudhury/Dewsbury-Hall. Dewsbury-Hall has come on loads in the second half of the season but he's still very new to this and sometimes it shows.

I agree that Tielemans has dropped off this season but it isn't just because he has declined. There are fewer quality players around him this year.

I think he is a bit nackered as well as he was well below par for Belgium at the Euros too.

I'm OK with him leaving, it's clearly the best option for all parties but I really think we need to stop selling our best players to PL teams as its compounds are loss by making another team in the league stronger.

I think he is a bit nackered as well as he was well below par for Belgium at the Euros too.

I'm OK with him leaving, it's clearly the best option for all parties but I really think we need to stop selling our best players to PL teams as its compounds are loss by making another team in the league stronger.
Yeah, look how much stronger Man U are with Harry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566