Engagement Ring Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

Any recommendations? I'm having a hard time finding anyone. My current home policy won't cover it!

Any recommendations? I'm having a hard time finding anyone. My current home policy won't cover it!

Don't get me started. My wife's is worth about 4k, so to put it on our house insurance I would need to upgrade that to include "named item" cover, at an extra £15 a month or so. I would then need to list it as a named item, and as it is over £2k it would cost me another £30 a month. So at £45 a month extra I'd avoid Direct Line.

We haven't got her's done yet, but a guy I know found a good company, I'll ask who he got his done with.

You could always Superglue it to her finger.

Or use some Sellotape

Marry a girl with a fat mum. You can be sure that as soon as she's down the aisle she'll blimp up and no thief'd be able to prize it off.

Marry a girl with a fat mum. You can be sure that as soon as she's down the aisle she'll blimp up and no thief'd be able to prize it off.

I think this is a sound approach except you are still left with a blimp at the end of it.

Tell her you're going to get it all cleaned up, 'cos it's looking a bit dull

Get someone to make an exact replica out of stainless steel and cubic zirconia, and pocket the £4k

Simples

Suuuuuckerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

It didn't cost me that! She had an old ring passed down from her Grandma that was ugly, so I had the mahoosive diamond in the middle reset into a ring style she liked. Cost me £120!

By the way I would fully recommend City Goldsmiths in town, they are cheaper than anywhere else I found and are where H Samuels and Ernest Jones send their work if you take it in to them. They just add a 100% markup.

It didn't cost me that! She had an old ring passed down from her Grandma that was ugly, so I had the mahoosive diamond in the middle reset into a ring style she liked. Cost me £120!

By the way I would fully recommend City Goldsmiths in town, they are cheaper than anywhere else I found and are where H Samuels and Ernest Jones send their work if you take it in to them. They just add a 100% markup.

A bit harsh me thinks?

:icon_lol:

A ring from her grandmother, and you call her ugly! You disrespectful bastard!

Ah thanks for the tip, I want to reset a diamond from an old ring so I'll pop in there :)

Ah thanks for the tip, I want to reset a diamond from an old ring so I'll pop in there :)

Plus if you need a ring resizing they will charge a one off fee of something like £30 no matter how many sizes it needs going up or down. H Samuel charge the same but per size difference

Plus if you need a ring resizing they will charge a one off fee of something like £30 no matter how many sizes it needs going up or down. H Samuel charge the same but per size difference

Samuels are cack... they wanted to charge my friend a non refundable deposit of £200 to order in a wedding ring she wanted to have a look at.

Samuels are cack... they wanted to charge my friend a non refundable deposit of £200 to order in a wedding ring she wanted to have a look at.

Why would they order in something they don't stock unless they have a firm order for it? :102:

Why would they order in something they don't stock unless they have a firm order for it? :102:

ordering it from their warehouse, so its not like they cant send it back... why should she pay £200 and lose it to have a look at something they have on their website but not in the shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669