England at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashyfox

Another pants bowling performance by the looks of it. Sri Lanka 180-3 off 30 overs. Extras 21, 16 of which are wides!!!!

Pathetic. Even worse than being rubbish at this form of the game, they're not learning a thing.

That was probably the worst over i've ever seen in my life, from Kabir Ali. He was going for yorkers but could have easily been noballed for 4 of them for beamers.

The batsmen once again made 30s and 40s but didn't score the big runs that make a difference.
The seam bowlers were awful again.
Team selection makes no sense. Dalrymple's spin has been our best bowling option this series but Loudon, a similar bowler, is dropped without getting a real chance to stake a claim.
Why is Solanki getting another chance? :(

Goughie should be recalled ASAP. Loudon should come back in too.

CM said:
That was probably the worst over i've ever seen in my life, from Kabir Ali.

I was at Lords for the C&G final against Somerset. Nothing will top the first over of the Somerset innings by Scott Boswell, when he bowled about 8 wides down the slope. This was a guy who had bowled really economically all tournament and his career was wrecked by that one match. "Bring on the Boswell" the Somerset fans sang.....

CM said:
Why is Solanki getting another chance? :(

To be fair, with KP, Joyce and Collingwood injured they probably didn't want another debutant in the side. But the last game against SL will surely be his last ever ODI (unless he hits a ton).

This close to the World Cup I would bring back Goughie - let's face it Simon Jones won't be back so why not have Harmy, Freddie and Goughie at the WC? Plunkett is there for potential but needs to be sent back to County Cricket to learn the basics, like Jimmy Anderson last year.

Sad to say I would also consider bringing back an old stager like Hick to beef up the middle order. He didn't do it in tests but he was class in ODIs. I know I'm not thinking rationally here but can't think of another proven ODI batsmen (like Gough for the bowlers) still playing.

glyn said:
I was at Lords for the C&G final against Somerset. Nothing will top the first over of the Somerset innings by Scott Boswell

How about the woeful bowling at Lords against essex in the rain affected final about 10 years ago? wide after wide... shocking display

Last edited:
glyn said:
I was at Lords for the C&G final against Somerset. Nothing will top the first over of the Somerset innings by Scott Boswell, when he bowled about 8 wides down the slope.
Argh, I had erased that from my memory :( I still think he should have bowled more than the 2 overs that day. If he had changed ends then who knows! Afridi let me down that day as well. I was sure he would get a 100 but was out for about a dozen.

To be fair, with KP, Joyce and Collingwood injured they probably didn't want another debutant in the side. But the last game against SL will surely be his last ever ODI (unless he hits a ton).
Ah, that makes a bit of sense I suppose. I would have gone for Shah if we were looking for more experience. Hes such a classy batsman, I know he failed in his three ODIs over the winter but he really deserves more of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669