England V Ecuador

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
With hindsight Newton, and after the event I'd agree 100%. But going into the event I wish for more confidence

i agree he's take some untried players out with but at the end of the day meltons mate we are still in the cup with the said players ok one has'nt got on yet ,for the first time the 4-5-1 worked we held them up well although IMO it should be 4-4-2 we play the best that way give the young lad a go up front with roo with lennon on the wing becks at right back ,then they did that last time we were on fire i think the best is still to come but i mite be wrong :102:

newtonfox said:
i agree he's take some untried players out with but at the end of the day meltons mate we are still in the cup with the said players ok one has'nt got on yet ,for the first time the 4-5-1 worked we held them up well although IMO it should be 4-4-2 we play the best that way give the young lad a go up front with roo with lennon on the wing becks at right back ,then they did that last time we were on fire i think the best is still to come but i mite be wrong :102:

Without meaning to sound negative Newton,that is ridiculous.

"David, if you don't score from this free kick, I'm going to play you at right back on Saturday, what do you think?"

For me it is drop Beckham and play Lennon, apart from the goal and a few good dead balls in the first couple of games he really hasn't brought anything to the team. Wereas Lennon is young, hungry, no fear and has pace, he also has great control.

newtonfox said:
ok maybe not right back ,what about the holding mefield roll :102: i would still play lennon (not our neil lennon:icon_roll ) ,he ran the other teams player off the pitch ;)

For the last five minutes after he had played all of the game in searing heat, was dehydrated and completely knackered. And he was shite to begin with anyway

So you'd drop Gerrard and/or Carrick to play Beckham in the middle and stick some inexperienced kid on the wing for a World Cup quarter final ??

FFS :icon_roll

leave the team as it is. they can't keep changing it.

unless neville is fit by saturday.

Nathan said:
leave the team as it is. they can't keep changing it.

unless neville is fit by saturday.

In which case put him on the plane home.....

Having watched all 3 England games in the early hours of the morning down under I admit to being quite surprised at how average you've been. Being honest your style of play under Sven is static, predictable and piss-boring, and the fact that Theo Walcott was brought along is baffling to say the least...

Imagine playing Lennon, he's just a Working Class Hero that will bring Power To The People of England. We are now on Borrowed Time and need to produce something special.

We need to make Big Phil a Jealous Guy and play some serious Mind Games. He turned down the England job and now it's time for some Instant Karma to get him.

Lets stop moaning and Give Peace A Chance. Get some sleep on Friday night boys and take Whatever Gets You Through The Night, as long as you remain Cold Turkey and don't bring a Woman, we'll be OK
It could be Just Like Starting Over if Lennon plays.

So, Stand By Me and Imagine the Beautiful Boy lifting the world cup and making his Mother proud

Nobody Told Me it would be this stressful, but eh, in 6 months time we will have a Happy Xmas knowing we are the World Champions

Come On Lennon

Last edited:
Let's think logical. If Lennon starts, he will be subject to closer treatment and his impact we be neutralised. Just like teams did with Christiano Ronaldo at Euro 2004. Lennon works has an important impact player, he not ready for a whole 90 minutes.

If any player should be dropped, it's Lampard.

Melton Fox said:
Imagine playing Lennon, he's just a Working Class Hero that will bring Power To The People of England. We are now on Borrowed Time and need to produce something special.

We need to make Big Phil a Jealous Guy and play some serious Mind Games. He turned down the England job and now it's time for some Instant Karma to get him.

Lets stop moaning and Give Peace A Chance. Get some sleep on Friday night boys and take Whatever Gets You Through The Night, as long as you remain Cold Turkey and don't bring a Woman, we'll be OK
It could be Just Like Starting Over if Lennon plays.

So, Stand By Me and Imagine the Beautiful Boy lifting the world cup and making his Mother proud

Nobody Told Me it would be this stressful, but eh, in 6 months time we will have a Happy Xmas knowing we are the World Champions

Come On Lennon

:038: :038: :038:

newtonfox said:
Thank You Newton, it took 6 hrs for any sort of acknowledgement. I was expecting plenty of negative feedback, but to recieve none at all was an insult. You have brightened up my dark day. Thanks

Melton Fox said:
Thank You Newton, it took 6 hrs for any sort of acknowledgement. I was expecting plenty of negative feedback, but to recieve none at all was an insult. You have brightened up my dark day. Thanks

Well I've just been sitting here watching the wheels go round and round, so too busy to respond mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669