England v Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth Barry has played better than I've ever seen Lumplard play for England.

Motson reckons Israel play their home games in the Gaza Strip. Is that the blue one they're playing in now or is it a different colour?

Motson reckons Israel play their home games in the Gaza Strip. Is that the blue one they're playing in now or is it a different colour?

I think its the one with pockets on the front and back

Very good game and magnificent stadium.

Barry man of the match, Heskey got one of the best standing ovations I've ever seen and played well despite missing a sitter.

Despite Boc's advice we parked in a car park just across the road from Wembley for a tenner. No traffic on exit and was home less than an hour and 15 minutes after the full time whistle!

Very good game and magnificent stadium.

Barry man of the match, Heskey got one of the best standing ovations I've ever seen and played well despite missing a sitter.

Despite Boc's advice we parked in a car park just across the road from Wembley for a tenner. No traffic on exit and was home less than an hour and 15 minutes after the full time whistle!

i thought england were good tonight but it will be a tougher test against russia. it will be interesting to see whether he drops barry and heskey and brings in lampard and crouch but i'd hope that he sticks with the same starting line up.

Last edited:
pds said:
No traffic on exit and was home less than an hour and 15 minutes after the full time whistle!

Did you stick to the speed limits then!
:018:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you stick to the speed limits then!
:018:

My experience of exiting the stadium is less than possitive.

the stadium itself is OK , however you would expect the national stadium to have a sports village arround it with bars and cafes etc.

It is an Ok stadium in a standard shithole.

My experience of exiting the stadium is less than possitive.

the stadium itself is OK , however you would expect the national stadium to have a sports village arround it with bars and cafes etc.

It is an Ok stadium in a standard shithole.

the drive into wembley hardly gives foreigners a great impression of our country IMO. leaving the ground by tube has been highlighted as still a big problem, personally i'd try walking to wembley north to avoid 2 hours of queuing like

i thought england were good tonight but it will be a tougher test against russia. it will be interesting to see whether he drops barry and heskey and brings in lampard and crouch but i'd hope that he sticks with the same starting line up.

Agreed, although I wouldn't mind seeing Hargreaves for Barry. Thought this was the most balanced side for some time.

Agreed, although I wouldn't mind seeing Hargreaves for Barry. Thought this was the most balanced side for some time.
barry tried to get the ball forward asap,hargreaves tends to knock it around hoping for a gap to appear. keep barry in,in fact start with the same team because i thought without all the pre maddonnas in we looked like a good side.phillips should be given a long run,becks has played his last game,lampard-useless for his country,we forced the issue yesterday instead of sitting back and making mistakes.robinson was troubled once.

leaving the ground by tube has been highlighted as still a big problem, personally i'd try walking to wembley north to avoid 2 hours of queuing like

What problem? There was no problem with the tube yesterday. We stayed until the final and still managed to catch the 20:00 from Charing Cross.

What problem? There was no problem with the tube yesterday. We stayed until the final and still managed to catch the 20:00 from Charing Cross.

loads of folk on tv today complaining about 1-2 hour waits to get on the tube

loads of folk on tv today complaining about 1-2 hour waits to get on the tube

That amazes me. We were held up by the police (horse) cordon for about 8/10 minutes half way along Olympic Way - congestion in the tunnel - but once we got away from that we were able to walk straight into the station. We got a Metropolitan line train from Platform 6 but while we were waiting for it, another two Met trains left from 5 and two Jubilee line trains left from 4.

We got to Charing Cross at 19:55 and the station was already packed with England fans who had got there quicker than us.

That amazes me. We were held up by the police (horse) cordon for about 8/10 minutes half way along Olympic Way - congestion in the tunnel - .

The people towards the back of that would be waiting for ages, they let so many through and then form a corden again.

That amazes me. We were held up by the police (horse) cordon for about 8/10 minutes half way along Olympic Way - congestion in the tunnel - but once we got away from that we were able to walk straight into the station. We got a Metropolitan line train from Platform 6 but while we were waiting for it, another two Met trains left from 5 and two Jubilee line trains left from 4.

We got to Charing Cross at 19:55 and the station was already packed with England fans who had got there quicker than us.

The people towards the back of that would be waiting for ages, they let so many through and then form a corden again.

The congestion that I was talking about was in front of us - in the tunnel that goes under the road in front of the entrance at Wembley Park station. Something must have gone seriously wrong after we left if people really were still queuing for the tube 2 hours after the game. But why wait in a queue for two hours when there is another tube line and a BR within about half a mile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669