England V Pakistan - Third Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Anyone watching?

Disappointed over Tresco and Cook's dismissals. I thought it was poor batting on both accounts. It was a great start aswell, I still think the toss decision was wrong.

Currently 117-3

Currently 163/3 which isn't bad. It could have been a lot worse as we've been lucky. Cook edged behind before he was given out. KP should be out three times over after edging behind, getting caught off a no ball and there was a plum lbw too.

We need one of these two get a century then we'll be in a useful position. I'm a bit worried about the tail though. I know its a lot to ask but it looks like we'll need runs from Read straight away.

I would have batted first but then again I always think you should bat first in test matches. Theres a bit of swing around but I don't really think their bowlers are exploiting it. Its good to get the runs on the board and then the pitch is only going to get worse.

CM said:
Currently 163/3 which isn't bad. It could have been a lot worse as we've been lucky. Cook edged behind before he was given out. KP should be out three times over after edging behind, getting caught off a no ball and there was a plum lbw too.

Considering it isnt bad, KP has had nine lives and he's just knocked his fifty.

347-6

Not a bad day, we have a decent amount of runs on the board although its a bit disappointing to see some of players just throw their wickets away.

Another 100 runs and i'll be happy.

Trescothick 28
Strauss 36
Cook 23
Pietersen 104 - retired hurt, will probably bat first thing tomorrow
Collingwood 31
Bell 66*
Read 38
Hoggard 0

Oh, I don't think Read was great at the crease. He looked quite nervous and under pressure especially under the second new ball. It is only his first innings back though so you can't tell too much and he did score a good 38 which is better than what Geraint has been doing.

Last edited:
At the start of the day I thought it was about 50/50 to who would win, I'm sorry I ever doubted us! Panesar and Mahmood were outstanding with the ball and they well supported by Great work in the field. Four run outs in a match is quite an achievement.

Oddly enough we may not have won if it weren't for Pakistan bowling us out but we rose well to the challenge. Things are shaping up nicely for the ashes. We have a keeper who can catch and a spinner who can take wickets. Things have never been so good :)

Credit to Ready. I had a few doubts about his batting but to score 93 runs in the game and keep like a dream, while under so much pressure from the selectors and viewers, takes a lot of guts.

Last edited:
Great performance, I thought they would get one partnership to at least make it nervous. Mahmood has bowled himself to the Ashes squad then.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights as it was well over by the time I got home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363