England v T&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Neville unlikely to start :biggrin: :icon_bigg

Pundits Say - Gunther Hargreaves favoured over Carra as his replacement :mad: :eek:

WTF, who are these fukkin' pundits, idiots. Ally McKunt, you are bound to say this sort of shite aren't you Jealousy eh, it plays a cruel game with ones mind

Last edited:
not that crazy melts-played there in the last world cup and was doing very well until he got injured against the argies-carragher though should be in ahead of him.

drummindefender said:
not that crazy melts-played there in the last world cup and was doing very well until he got injured against the argies-carragher though should be in ahead of him.
Thats what I just said, the only exception being that I think he is shitter than you do, he may play well for Bayern, but I have never seen him having a good game for England & I would never rate him good enough for our international squad, let alone the starting line up.

Back four for me tomorrow = Carra-----Rio-----Terry-----Cole

Last edited:
I am playing the Hargreaves because like me he is a little dull and quite boring. As you are surely knowing this is the Swedish way and that must be good.

Also because he is at the Munchen I cannot see him play. And this is good again because you are all saying he is terrible. I was not able to see the Walcott play either and he is also at the World Cup. Please let me know about other players I am not seeing before August if possible.

And I will spend a lot of Real Madrid's money on them.

I'd prefer Hargreaves over Carra in a game like this. lots of attacking play so Hargreaves will get down the line a lot more and put crosses in. carragher's instints are purely defensive. He'd get the nod against a better team.

If we are ever gonna give Hargreaves a chance to show what he's capable of it might as well be against a team like T&T. I hope the bloke has the game of his life and shuts his critics up once and for all.

Nathan said:
I'd prefer Hargreaves over Carra in a game like this. lots of attacking play so Hargreaves will get down the line a lot more and put crosses in. carragher's instints are purely defensive. He'd get the nod against a better team.

If we are ever gonna give Hargreaves a chance to show what he's capable of it might as well be against a team like T&T. I hope the bloke has the game of his life and shuts his critics up once and for all.
Why do you think Hargreaves has got so many critics Nathan? (football issues only please).

What do you see in him that justifies his place?, I personally don't see anything and am curious as to what it is that I can't see.

I think most of his critics just haven't seen enough of him he's been branded with his label without being given a proper chance.

The only time he's had a run in the first team was before and during the last World cup. he was the one chosen to play on the left of midfield (not RB las someone said) and was doing quite well there until he got injured against argentina. i don't remember anyone complaining then, people were actually very satisfied with him there.

Since then he's only played as a substitute either coming on when we're protecting a lead or along with 5 other subs in a friendly. Jermaine Jenas has seen a similar fate despite his form at club level.

OK, can't argue with that. But if you don't impress coming on as a substitute in friendlies then you shouldn't be picked unfortunatley, that is your shop window to success. You have to prove yourslef in these situations, that is what they are for.

But you are right, Sven should also have started him in these friendly's, he may well have done, I don't watch them all

i think he may well get the nod full time for RB soon with Neville getting on a bit.

I also think that being an impact player (being able to shine coming off the bench) isn't easy. you need something that the game hasn't had whether it's skill, pace, height etc etc.

Hargreaves doesn't really have any attributes that will have a big impact on a game coming off the bench unless we're under heavy pressure. he's just a solid player who can do a job, thats my opinion. He's nothing special but shouldn't be branded as shite.

Nathan said:
Hargreaves doesn't really have any attributes...

Got that right, Nath

If Carragher doesn't play it will be national disgrace

LS6_Fox said:
Absolutely spot on. Carra should be ahead of Ferdinand IMO!
:038: :038:

For me,the back four, if fully fit should be:

Young----Carra----Terry----Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675