Match Thread England vs Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
:102:

Is this a word I'm too old to know?

It's one my dad always used to use, so I doubt it. Maybe it was just a mannerism of his and doesn't actually exist as a word.

The boys have done well to get back into this.

The papers will all be changing their headlines though. At 2-0 down, we would've been shit and hopeless and no point even going to the Euros.

At 2-2, we're incredible and missing senior players like Rooney, and Gerrard had to withdraw early, so we're bound to win the Euros.

Oh, 2-3.... change again.

I think people are really overreacting.

Everyone had been calling for change and to get rid of the old players who had nothing for England.... and that's what has happened. But now people start complaining these players aren't good enough.

Who are we meant to play?

Yes, this team won't win the Euros.... but why is anyone expecting us to? Give these players some support, let them grow and gain experience together and hopefully they can be a force in the future.

The likes of Richards, Walker, Hart, Welbeck, Sturridge, Cleverley, Wilshere, etc give me hope for the future.

Oh, and Holland were runners up at the World Cup don't forget...

I agree with some of your points, we need to get some of the younger players playing but we still need the right manager to do it and I just don't think Pearce is the man to make a success out of us. I don't buy the 'Holland were world cup runners up' line myself, ultimately the FA want a manager that can make a success out uf us, and in International football that means beating the best teams like Holland to win the world cup and european cups. We only lost 3-2 but they were a lot better than we were IMO, they've got plenty of that quality that not many English players have.

For me, it was just a bit of a flat performance. Maybe I just get bored of watching England these days!

The Dutch may have been clinical, but they were also cynical in the fouling.

It was nice to have a friendly used to give inexperienced players the chance.
Overall, thought we needed to up the tempo, at times too pedestrian. This allowed the Dutch to get men behind the ball, and so smother any attack.
Future is not as bleak as some might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566