Match Thread England vs Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Stuart Pearce names Scott Parker as the new England captain.... for tonight at least. There has been a big fuss over who's going to get it, but who says the new manager (assuming it's not Pearce) will keep the same person anyway?

I think Parker is a decent choice, although I would've preferred Gerrard.

The team for tonight is pretty different/inexperienced. Interesting to see how they do. It doesn't look a great side, but it does look balanced and it's good to give them experience.

Hart
Richards, Cahill, Smalling, Baines
A. Johnson, Barry, Parker, Gerrard, Young
Welbeck

Personally, I think Sturridge should've started. He's had a really good season and I think deserves the chance more than Welbeck. Although glad to see Welbeck involved too.

I would've gone for Walcott over Johnson too.

Entirely believable and truly in line with the mediocre nature of English football and the complete and utter useless twat that is in charge of the team for some unfathomable reason that no one will ever understand.

Fair enough

Why Gerrard though, he has missed a lot of this season through injury.

That was Graz's suggestion, not homer's; he's notoriously anti-Scouse. Apart from Paul O'Grady, he loves him. Loves him a lot.

Gerrard's gone off injured. Seemed to be having a bit of a sulk!

England have got better as the half has gone on though. On top heading into half time.

Smalling nasty collision with Huntelaar on the goal, and both players are now off. Phil Jones on.

England's 14th centre back pairing since the World Cup. Crazy.

Downing has some how snuck onto the field and just came close... but probably should've scored.

I think Sturridge has done really well tonight... but he should have scored there.

England have been wank, one good thing to come out of this match though, atleast it should rule Pearce out of the running for permanent manager and shut up some of the twonks who thought it'd be a good appointment.

England have been wank, one good thing to come out of this match though, atleast it should rule Pearce out of the running for permanent manager and shut up some of the twonks who thought it'd be a good appointment.

I think people are really overreacting.

Everyone had been calling for change and to get rid of the old players who had nothing for England.... and that's what has happened. But now people start complaining these players aren't good enough.

Who are we meant to play?

Yes, this team won't win the Euros.... but why is anyone expecting us to? Give these players some support, let them grow and gain experience together and hopefully they can be a force in the future.

The likes of Richards, Walker, Hart, Welbeck, Sturridge, Cleverley, Wilshere, etc give me hope for the future.

Oh, and Holland were runners up at the World Cup don't forget...

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Graz.

For years England have just played their bigger name players without any thought about how they'd work together. Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes all were shuppered into the same midfield for years without any thought of actually how they would work together, managers would never drop one for balance.

It's good to see a manager who is not just playing all the big name players without actually caring about making a team or not.

onmg were'xc amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 were gonna win the world cup euros and everythin woooooooooooooooo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566