England Vs Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

Good to see that we managed to recover from 113 (ish) for 3 to closing play on over 300 for 3 :038: :038: :038:

Although The Pakistan team did drop about 50 catches:icon_lol:

How lucky was Cook:102: Dropped 3 times and played more hairy fairy shots than Colin Montgomerie.
Good day for England, stick 500 on the board and then let Monty go to work

Brauny Blue said:
How lucky was Cook:102: Dropped 3 times and played more hairy fairy shots than Colin Montgomerie.
Good day for England, stick 500 on the board and then let Monty go to work

View attachment 577

England 528 for 9 dec.
Pakistan 66 for 3.

Another good day for England, and Pakistan will have to fight hard to avoid the follow on.

Brauny Blue said:
England 528 for 9 dec.
Pakistan 66 for 3.

Another good day for England, and Pakistan will have to fight hard to avoid the follow on.
It's not up to Pakistan. We can either win it, or collapse in the 2nd innings.

Even if Pakistan play awful, we can still give them the game.

But credit where it's due, superb batting today. I am usually I.Bells biggest critic, but today was a good knock from him

england at 3/1 at the mo is it worth a go do you think

Don't think they will. They'll bat for an hour.

I like Geraint Jones, but he has to go. He had two perfect opportunities to make important runs this weekend: to get a fifty in support of Bell in the first innings, and to make quick runs this afternoon.

The only reason for keeping him in now is team spirit and the attempt to keep a core of Ashes winners.

glyn said:
Don't think they will. They'll bat for an hour.

I like Geraint Jones, but he has to go. He had two perfect opportunities to make important runs this weekend: to get a fifty in support of Bell in the first innings, and to make quick runs this afternoon.

The only reason for keeping him in now is team spirit and the attempt to keep a core of Ashes winners.

Ironically he's been better behind the stumps in this game. Imo i'd give him another chance because with so many out injured theres a danger of changing the side too much. I'd try and keep faith and hope he repays the team with some better batting performances.

I think we are in avery strong position IF the bowlers can capatalise on what the batters have achieved.

Could be exciting day tomorrow. If they bowl us out sharpish tomorrow then they are definitely capable of getting the runs. All 3 results still possible IMO.

What on earth were we playing at in that final session? We were going at less than 3 per over when we should have been looking to get 375 and declare over night.

Now we will be looking to get another 30 runs tomorrow before losing another 2 overs to change of innings. We'll just have over 80 overs tomorrow to bowl out a very long Pakistani batting line up while we're missing our best bowler.

Jones, has to go really. I think his saving grace at the moment is that there is a lot of instability in the side. I saw a stat the other day on Sky showing that of current players in the side. Hoggy and Geraint have had 30 consecutive tests, Pietersen is next with 15 and then everyone else is under 10.

Last edited:
Another stat is that Geraint has the most test innings in a row without a duck, ever. 45 innings.

dec 379 ahed.

pakistan 0/1

At least we have Freddie back in the next test :038:

I'm quite certain that if the Aussies were batting in our situation yesterday, then Pakistan would probaly have been asked to bat for the last 4-6 overs. A touch negative by England but that aside this wasn't a bad test match for them, and they should gain back a bit of confidence after the Sri Lanka series.

Brauny Blue said:
I'm quite certain that if the Aussies were batting in our situation yesterday, then Pakistan would probaly have been asked to bat for the last 4-6 overs. A touch negative by England but that aside this wasn't a bad test match for them, and they should gain back a bit of confidence after the Sri Lanka series.

I agree but it would have been Fletcher who told them to bat this morning. Strauss wouldnt have had much of a say in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00