England Vs Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willlow said:
I agree but it would have been Fletcher who told them to bat this morning. Strauss wouldnt have had much of a say in it

But it was the way they batted yesterday. After tea they still had wickets in hand and could have played a few more attacking shots. There didn't seem to be enough urgency, and they failed to put down a marker by not showing Pakistan that we wanted to beat them.

Brauny Blue said:
But it was the way they batted yesterday. After tea they still had wickets in hand and could have played a few more attacking shots. There didn't seem to be enough urgency, and they failed to put down a marker by not showing Pakistan that we wanted to beat them.

Again Fletcher would have given Strauss instructions after tea and obviously he said play defensively.

I am agreeing with what you are saying but im just stating IMO its Fletcher who is to blame not the players

I tell you what Ramprakash has made his 6th championship century of the season and is averaging 96. Usually I'd say never in a million years after his awful test record, but as a back-up batsman for the Ashes - against whom he has done OK? I wouldn't be completely against it, anyway.

I don't know, hes been given so many chances and failed. One of the reasons we did so poorly in the 90s was because we continuously went back to players who had failed at test level because of a decent run of form.

Ramps has done well this season and hes a good player, but if you look at some of the bowling attacks in this division and some of the flat wickets, I don't think it is an extraordinary achievement.

I would put Bell, Shah and Joyce ahead of him for a batting position. I'd probably take Dalrymple in a touring party ahead of him as well as he gives us the option of a spinning all rounder.

Which brings me to the important news. Flintoff is out for 12 weeks :(

I would play Dalrymple. I don't think we'll bowl Pakistan out if we only have 4 bowlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00