English or British

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

Do people feel more English or more British.?

In the two great contests of this year England and Scotland have not been part of a United Kingdom. On May 6th English voters and Scottish voters behaved quite differently. Tonight I was aware that Rob Green's error would be greeted with far more delight in Scotland than in America.

At the time of the 1966 World Cup if a flag was flown it was the Union Jack not the flag of St George.

I have great affection for the Scots and Welsh people that I have met and I was named after a Welsh Prime Minister but I have very much come to see myself as English.

english. the irrelevant other 'home nations' can **** off

I don't see the big fuss but I refer to my self as English.

How is it even possible to feel British?
If English is your cultural identity, then you are English. British refers to a political agreement that is used to give your passport some kind of meaning, nothing else.

English? British? Fcuk off - I'm Lestoh me :icon_bigg

Do people feel more English or more British.?

In the two great contests of this year England and Scotland have not been part of a United Kingdom. On May 6th English voters and Scottish voters behaved quite differently. Tonight I was aware that Rob Green's error would be greeted with far more delight in Scotland than in America.

At the time of the 1966 World Cup if a flag was flown it was the Union Jack not the flag of St George.

I have great affection for the Scots and Welsh people that I have met and I was named after a Welsh Prime Minister but I have very much come to see myself as English.

I always think this is a silly question whenever it comes up - there's nothing stopping me both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46