Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Maresca has had us playing some great football but it's pretty obvious we've been found out. All teams now make sure to sit back, deny space in the middle and exploit our suicidal high line that we continue to play.

During the Premier League winning season I think we had famously been found out for being a counter attacking side but we had this desire and never say die spirit then where we just battled and found a way through it when it got harder toward the end of the season..

We've got to work harder, and look to be less negative for a start. I want to see some fight from the whole team. Take a leaf out of Vardy's book, great performance from him yesterday. Maresca has to look in the mirror and admit that he needs to be more adaptable with his philosophy.....

There's much truth in this.

What baffles me about the approach City have taken with Puel, Rodgers and now Maresca is how we can possibly think that we will sustain a long term future at the top level playing the same way as them but with inferior players.

We will never be able to beat the richest teams playing exactly the same way that they do. In a one off game or over a short period, yes it can be effective. Eventually though, it doesn't matter how much spirit or effort we put in, quality will always prevail. Especially when we have to regularly sell our best players to them.

We massively overspent on players that are slightly below the level that would enable them to play for the top sides. It's crippled us financially and left us relegated.

We had a momentus season because we did what our opponents didn't want us to do. We then abandoned it because Rudkin was convinced that we should play in the new trendy style instead. He's single-handedly responsible for fecking us as a club.

Aiyawatt is just a nodding dog really. He funds the ego trip for the likes of Rudkin, Rodgers and now Maresca.

What exactly do we expect if we go up playing this way? We cannot spend to add better quality players. Therefore, we will be caught in possession over and over again and end up losing confidence in the style and it will all go to shit just like it has at Burnley.

It's so stupid. And the more we see Maresca fail to deal with other teams working out how to combat us and our own players being unavailable to fit ze system, we see another flawed coach on a one way journey to the sack.

What baffles me about the approach City have taken with Puel, Rodgers and now Maresca is how we can possibly think that we will sustain a long term future at the top level playing the same way as them but with inferior players.

We will never be able to beat the richest teams playing exactly the same way that they do. In a one off game or over a short period, yes it can be effective. Eventually though, it doesn't matter how much spirit or effort we put in, quality will always prevail. Especially when we have to regularly sell our best players to them.

We massively overspent on players that are slightly below the level that would enable them to play for the top sides. It's crippled us financially and left us relegated.

We had a momentus season because we did what our opponents didn't want us to do. We then abandoned it because Rudkin was convinced that we should play in the new trendy style instead. He's single-handedly responsible for fecking us as a club.

Aiyawatt is just a nodding dog really. He funds the ego trip for the likes of Rudkin, Rodgers and now Maresca.

What exactly do we expect if we go up playing this way? We cannot spend to add better quality players. Therefore, we will be caught in possession over and over again and end up losing confidence in the style and it will all go to shit just like it has at Burnley.

It's so stupid. And the more we see Maresca fail to deal with other teams working out how to combat us and our own players being unavailable to fit ze system, we see another flawed coach on a one way journey to the sack.
So do we have superior players in this division or not?

He’s playing a system that has worked well for the division we are in.

Genuinely can’t get my head around people wanting him to **** off based on what he would do in a league we aren’t in with a squad we don’t have.

After that Prem season where we won the league but got 'found out', the club saw the need to diversify and so the transition to becoming a possession based side began. Trouble is it's not so much about being a possession side or a counter attacking side or a defensive side or a hoofball side, it's really about being adaptable..

Enzo can have his high line possession philosophy as his primary go to but when it becomes clear that it's not working any more then religiously sticking to the same thing when it's not working is madness.

Genuinely can’t get my head around people wanting him to **** off based on what he would do in a league we aren’t in with a squad we don’t have.
Shouldn’t waste your time trying to. You can’t fathom the unfathomable.

So do we have superior players in this division or not?

He’s playing a system that has worked well for the division we are in.

You can choose to take my post in that way if you want to. Bizarre but each to their own.

To address your post.

Yes we do. Quite obviously.

Yes he is.

I don't want him to '**** off'. I think I've made that clear enough.

It would be the ultimate act of idiocy to avoid the reality of the situation we're in. We are very close to a return to the PL - which is the entire point of this season. We're also totally skint. So considering what we might do in a few months time is really quite relevant.

Imagine us playing in that game today (Liverpool vs. City). It would have been a cricket score.

Could say the exact same thing about every single team in the Championship, and most teams in the bottom half of the Premier League
I don't think so. I think our current setup would leave us more vulnerable than most.

You can choose to take my post in that way if you want to. Bizarre but each to their own.

To address your post.

Yes he is.

It would be the ultimate act of idiocy to avoid the reality of the situation we're in. We are very close to a return to the PL - which is the entire point of this season. We're also totally skint. So considering what we might do in a few months time is really quite relevant.
We’re not necessarily skint, but we may be hamstrung in terms of the money we can spend.

To address your post.

Yes he is.

You’re ignoring my larger point though, which is we have absolutely no idea how Enzo would perform in the Premier League, and how he might adapt (or not) to it. The only real recent evidence we have is the Bournemouth cup game, and I thought we were excellent out of possession and decent value for a win that night.

You’ve also said that playing this style of football is all fine and good with the best players, which we happen to have in this division. Although a few injuries levels that out quite quickly as we have seen.

It just feels to me like a lot of fans are judging Enzo based on what they think might happen, rather than what actual has.

And I really don’t consider myself a blue mongie either. I’ve been critical of him, the club, previous managers. This criticism feels different to me, and I can’t place my finger on why.

I really like him. I think he's performed, on the whole, superbly this season (his first). We're clear at the top and 9 points ahead of the greatest footballing Southampton side ever.

I don't know which manager some on here would ever get behind, aside THAT season. Which is widely acknowledged as a sporting miracle.

We need a collective push to get us over the line. All I care about is getting back to the Prem, for the financial safety of the club.

It'll all take care of itself.

If we go up & the financial based punishments result in a points deduction, he'll have done enough to get an offer from a middling PL team. I've already floated Everton as the most likely.

If we DON'T go up, he'll have demonstrably failed, shown his lack of adaptability & we won't be happy. But as we all know, none of that ever puts Everton off so he could still go there. But it's more likely we'd offer him another go. The money situation will dictate his response.

If we go up & he stays...& then goes on the demonstrate next season that he's completely intractable & refuses to vary his approach no matter what, then we'll be in the bottom 3 at xmas & he'll be sacked.

If he stays, we go up AND he learns from his mistakes & becomes better at changing things both before & during games AND we don't get a points deduction then we'll be up around 14th or so & that's fine.

Of course all this is underscored by the fact that it's dependent on whether or not we get ****ed by FFP.

& one other thing that seems not to have been mentioned.

Who the **** would we get in ?

We're a relegated PL team with an uncertain financial future.

Our pool of managers to choose from is essentially the rogues gallery of ****ing no marks that endlessly steal a living from the game while achieving **** all.
That's the whole reason Maresca is here in the first place. It was either take a punt on him or go for one of the ****ing same-old-**** brigade.

Just for the record, if it did all go pear shaped & he either left or got the boot, I'd try to nick Carrick from Boro. I like him.
He turned them into challengers, then kept them mid table despite losing his top scorer & back up striker in the summer. Take away their awful start when he was still trying to bed in a new team & they'd be up around the play offs again.

Cheer up. It's nearly springtime. Be summer soon & we can go back to moaning about the transfer window.

This criticism feels different to me, and I can’t place my finger on why.
For me this is an easy question - his connection to Pep, and the obsession with the type of football he brings permeating a club that experienced its best days not too long ago doing the direct opposite and embarrassing Pep-ball for years.

I do not want this club to be a poor man's Manchester City.
I want our own trademark and that is the direct opposite to what is happening.

All makes sense. Until you realise you have no ****ing idea how the club is run. Just like everyone else on this forum .

No point in going up

Championship is shit

Meh

Have to say I was mostly expecting this reaction.

I got the exact same response from the Puel and Rodgers situations. But when it doesn’t feel right, it doesn’t feel right. As it didn’t then, and doesn’t now.

And of course I was expecting the abuse from the usual couple of people who constantly break forum rule number 1 with no consequence.

Wait, there's rules? **** me.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464