Euro 2024

homer

Well Engerland look simply smashing

It’s definitely coming home

Watching Southgate managing England is like watching a Granny behind the wheel of a Ferrari.

Just get rid now. Who cares there’s a tournament starting in a week.

Watching Southgate managing England is like watching a Granny behind the wheel of a Ferrari.

Just get rid now. Who cares there’s a tournament starting in a week.
Don’t want to be competing with these ****s for Cooper or Ince, do we?

Well England ****ed by Iceland. Erm

Has anyone seen Rob Green this morning?
Or is he still up Harry Kane’s arse?

I watched the UK feed for it.

I was genuinely shocked with how awful the punditry was. Most of the panel couldn’t form a coherent sentence and all of them made nothing but excuses for England.

Dreadful. Executive producer should be ashamed.

Not The Euro:

Wales played a friendly against Slovakia tonight (Sunday).
They got beat 4:0

Nathan Blake says 'There are factors behind this. Players don't play enough games, goalkeeper being an obvious one.'

If the Welsh goalkeeper (D. Ward) wants to improve things for his country, MOVE TO A CLUB THAT WILL GIVE HIM GAMES.
The thing is for the Welsh goalkeeper (D. Ward), MONEY is far more important than his country.

Not The Euro:

Wales played a friendly against Slovakia tonight (Sunday).
They got beat 4:0

Nathan Blake says 'There are factors behind this. Players don't play enough games, goalkeeper being an obvious one.'

If the Welsh goalkeeper (D. Ward) wants to improve things for his country, MOVE TO A CLUB THAT WILL GIVE HIM GAMES.
The thing is for the Welsh goalkeeper (D. Ward), MONEY is far more important than his country.
I reckon the one overriding factor though, is that Wales only ever had one player anywhere close to international class & he carried them for years. Safe to assume the days of watching them at tournaments are over.
Despite the best efforts of UEFA & FIFA to make them stupidly easy to qualify for.

I watched the UK feed for it.

I was genuinely shocked with how awful the punditry was. Most of the panel couldn’t form a coherent sentence and all of them made nothing but excuses for England.

Dreadful. Executive producer should be ashamed.
Who were the pundits, out of interest ?

Yep, Southgate needs to go, should have gone ages ago imo, but he most certainly needs to be in a job whilst we are looking for a manager, it's just too much of a risk with our lot!

I'd much rather watch England do shit at the Euros than have to put up with watching the first 20 games with him managing us next season.

The pundits were crap the team was crap and Southgate is always crap. How did he get the job in the first place he was crap at managing before the England appointment.but it’s not his fault really the F. A. Must be to blame because they hired him. The trouble with the F.A. Is it’s a place for the good old boys, I would imagine there’s not one member of the board who has a pair of gonads and would put somebody forward for the job out of the norm. If England are to win anything they have to fire
The whole lot. It’s a shame if you were not old enough to be interested in football it’s been 58 years since we won anything, and to me that’s a diabolical disgrace for a country that has the greatest league system in the word.

The FA think that they are better than anything. They know everything and no-one dare say anything else. Scary. The FA think that they can do no wrong.

for a country that has the greatest league system in the word.
That's part of the problem. People thinking that the Premier League is the best in the world. And the English football pyramid is the best in the world. A pervasive lack of humility rarely leads to necessary change.

That's part of the problem. People thinking that the Premier League is the best in the world. And the English football pyramid is the best in the world. A pervasive lack of humility rarely leads to necessary change.

This is absolutely right.

Southgate has got the England team to overachieve - no English player is the most important player in a Premier League team, they are all either the supporting cast at Man City, Liverpoolt etc., or the stars of middling teams like Palace. Southgate has managed to get this squad of not-greats to play as a team, something not managed by many of his recent predecessors and as a result we've been genuinely comeptitive in the last three major championships. I don't think I can name three other successive championships that this is true for.

International management is different to club management, Southgate did his time with the u-21s and I consider that far more relevant than anything he did at club level. If he does go over the summer, the FA should consider the same route for his succssor.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663