Euro 2024

Palmer, Eze, Toney, Gordon

All sat on their arses while Kane and Foden do **** all for 80 minutes

A complete mess.

Yep. Southgate is shit.

A complete mess.
It’s England personified. 20 minutes of quality, mainly due to Bellingham followed by 70 minutes of mediocrity due to the selection and tactics.

Arguably Southgate has the best England team and squad ever and yet, as usual, he can’t get a tune out of them.

If we had played against one of the better half a dozen teams in the tournament we would have lost that game by two clear goals.

Southgate then lies in the post match interview to compound his stupidity.

Sorry but if this happens a the best we have we can forget it.

Well I thought that was a decent win.

Anyone who thought Serbia would be a roll over doesn't know much about football.

We didn't create boat loads but we could have easily got more than one.

I also thought we looked really solid defensively - they might have had the possession in the second half but they didn't really ever look like scoring and we still had better chances than they did.

I thought Kane was superb in that second half - he might have been completely isolated up front but every time the ball was punted to him, he held it up and drew a foul which is exactly what we needed to do.

That's the hardest group game out of the way so let's push on and get 3 wins from 3 whilst also mixing the squad up to keep fresh.

Also, almost 40 years old and haven't had a football shirt with a name on it for 25+ years but seriously tempted to get a Bellingham shirt - the kid is going to be talked about for years to come considering he is this good already but still only 20 years old.

Also, almost 40 years old and haven't had a football shirt with a name on it for 25+ years but seriously tempted to get a Bellingham shirt - the kid is going to be talked about for years to come considering he is this good already but still only 20 years old.
That or he'll break his knee in the warm up for the next match and never play again

I’m lost, didn’t England win?
Amazing isn't it. Three points on the board, a banana skin avoided, no injuries and the squad's only left back a match closer to fitness, but the misery squad roll out.

I thought we were fantastic for most of the first half, and even in the second we had the better chances. It didn't help when the dolts in the TV studio reckoned Serbia would just hold our coats so we could stroll to a 3-0 win - do these people even watch any footballers from the Balkans? I also watch Denmark/Slovenia earlier, and didn't see anything that this team should be worried by

If anyone thinks we’re winning the tournament if we continue putting in performances like that, they’re completely deluded.

We have to be so, so much better.

We also need a manager who’s a whole lot braver and doesn’t shit bricks when we’re winning.

Portugal won the Euros without winning a group game.

The only game they won in 90 mins was against Wales.

Amazing isn't it. Three points on the board, a banana skin avoided, no injuries and the squad's only left back a match closer to fitness, but the misery squad roll out.

I thought we were fantastic for most of the first half, and even in the second we had the better chances. It didn't help when the dolts in the TV studio reckoned Serbia would just hold our coats so we could stroll to a 3-0 win - do these people even watch any footballers from the Balkans? I also watch Denmark/Slovenia earlier, and didn't see anything that this team should be worried by
I want us to win the tournament as much as anyone but I didn’t see anything different yesterday (bar Bellingham perhaps), to suggest that we have the mentality to win a tournament.

First 20-30 minutes we were terrific and quite rightly took the lead. After that we were abject, slow, ponderous and negative.

If we repeat these tactics against anyone who is better than Serbia then we will end up drawing or more likely, losing.

The pundits in the studio were 100% correct in their assessment of the game IMO.

We need to improve very quickly and when we go a goal up, push home the advantage.

Watching Engerland was a little like watching Leicester last season, at times........

Anyhow, Bellingham is too good for only 20 years old.

I want us to win the tournament as much as anyone but I didn’t see anything different yesterday (bar Bellingham perhaps), to suggest that we have the mentality to win a tournament.

First 20-30 minutes we were terrific and quite rightly took the lead. After that we were abject, slow, ponderous and negative.

If we repeat these tactics against anyone who is better than Serbia then we will end up drawing or more likely, losing.

The pundits in the studio were 100% correct in their assessment of the game IMO.

We need to improve very quickly and when we go a goal up, push home the advantage.

Yep, agree with this. We went too defensive and had no reprieve for too long as no one was in their half. I wonder if Harry Kane dropping into midfield for a large part of the second half was his decision or Southgate's. He used to do that a lot at Spurs so may be old habits....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00