Europa League round of 32 draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Takes place on Monday. The programme on BT Sport starts at midday.

Assuming I've got the seeding thing right, we'll play one of these teams:

Young Boys
Molde
Slavia Prague
Benfica
Granada
Real Sociedad
Lille
Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Richie de Laet's Royal Antwerp
RZ Pellets WAC (Wolfsberger)
Red Star Belgrade
Dynamo Kyiv
Krasnodar
Olympiacos
Salzburg

Last edited:
I’ll take Makev Tel-Aviv, Dynamo Kev or Kevsnordar.

Does anyone remember the UEFA cup in 2000?

For the first round draw we were a seeded team. Great! - We would be drawn against lowly opposition.

Chelsea were also in the first round but they weren’t seeded. They were drawn against someone like a Norwegian part-time team, we were drawn against Red Star Belgrade.

Ah well.

https://footballinyugoslavia.wordpr...ack-leicester-city-vs-red-star-belgrade-2000/
One of the first games I went to. I remember sitting in the upper tier of the Kop and seeing that Acimovic shot dipping over Flowers as clear as a bell.

It was called the double decker.

I'm surprised you saw it. There was still a lot of smoke in the air after their fans let of flares.
I was at the other end in the supporters club / family stand. Couldn't see the Kop at all at kick off. Ridiculous

I watched it on the tv. Had tickets but there was a feckin fuel shortage or something. Thought that was my last chance to see us in Europe at the time.

I was in the Kop. Grumbled all the way home about how we should have won by 2 goals. Watched the 2nd leg at the dodgy girlfriend's in Bristol. We got knocked out but at least there was sympathy sex afterwards rather than a bus ride to New Parks, so swings & roundabouts I suppose.

I was in the Kop. Grumbled all the way home about how we should have won by 2 goals. Watched the 2nd leg at the dodgy girlfriend's in Bristol. We got knocked out but at least there was sympathy sex afterwards rather than a bus ride to New Parks, so swings & roundabouts I suppose.
Come from behind?

I watched it on the tv. Had tickets but there was a feckin fuel shortage or something. Thought that was my last chance to see us in Europe at the time.
[/QUOTE
Those Red Star matches were on some obscure long gone channel if I recall, of absolutely awful quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566