Post Match Everton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was let down by his agent when he signed the deal in summer of 2016 with no release clauses. Gentlemen’s agreements never work out, especially with experienced Thai businessmen.

Such a shame the way this is unfolding now.

It’d almost be better if there was a release clause.

Real disappointment that one.

Absolutely bossed the first 20 mins and then a real poor mistake from Chilwell gives them a goal and we seem to lose all confidence and they get another through poor marking from Chilwell.

Pentalty out of nothing and we're back in it. Probably should have scored again with Nacho man smashing the frame of the goal twice and then Matty James should have done better with another chance but we all know he will probably never actually score a PL goal.

Everton then absolutely kill the last 10 mins with classic Fat Sam dirty time wasting and we have the most shambolic 4 mins of injury time ever.

Everyone was pretty piss poor but was surprised Vardy lasted the full game as it must have been one of his most non eventful performance ever!

We really need to get Mahrez back in the right frame of mind as we are clearly rather flaccid without him and then a massive job in the summer to replace him.

It’s important we improve in preparation for the next game

Interesting remark. It could be taken at face value, or it could be barbed. Only Puel will know which he meant, if not both.

Player ratings from the Mockery:

Kasper Schmeichel: Was worked more than he has done in previous games and produced some vital saves. Rating 7/10

Daniel Amartey: Started well but like the rest of his team-mates really lost his way in the game. 6

Aleksandar Dragovic: produced a vital recovery header late on to deny Everton a third goal. 6

Harry Maguire: When Maguire gives away possession then it really isn’t City’s day. 6

Ben Chilwell: Caught in possession and then out of position for both Everton goals. 6

Matty James: Probably the pick of City’s outfield players as he used the ball effectively. 7

Wilfred Ndidi: Hit the bar early on but not as effective on the ball as in recent weeks. 6

Marc Albrighton:
Put in some good crosses early on but City struggled as an attacking force. 6

Shinji Okazaki:
Couldn’t get close enough to Vardy to give him enough support. 6

Demarai Gray:
Was virtually anonymous for the entire game and was withdrawn. 5

Jamie Vardy:
Missed his partner in crime Mahrez as he was starved of service. Took his penalty well. 6

Last edited:

Kasper Schmeichel: Was worked more than he has done in previous games and produced some vital saves. Rating 7/10

Daniel Amartey: Started well but like the rest of his team-mates really lost his way in the game. 6

Aleksandar Dragovic: produced a vital recovery header late on to deny Everton a third goal. 6

Harry Maguire: When Maguire gives away possession then it really isn’t City’s day. 6

Ben Chilwell: Caught in possession and then out of position for both Everton goals. 6

Matty James: Probably the pick of City’s outfield players as he used the ball effectively. 7

Wilfred Ndidi: Hit the bar early on but not as effective on the ball as in recent weeks. 6

Marc Albrighton:

Shinji Okazaki:

Demarai Gray:
A 6 for Chilwell???

So Vardy was so crap they couldn't be arsed to mention him?

Fair enough

'Virtually anonymous for the entire game and was withdrawn'

And that deserves a 5

Says everything you will ever need to know about those ratings

Chillwell is young and will make mistakes I don't we have ever done well at their gaff it is important they come out firing against Swansea, as to the Mahrez he needs gripping I am pleased our chairman has told Man city to sod off! Mahrez can spend his time being fined or he can act like a professional the spoilt twat!!

I knew we should have played N'Didi instead of that twat Ndidi!

And several of us did say play Fuchs instead of Chilwell as the better defender.

Let us hope Puel makes the change for the next game.

Marc Albrighton:

Shinji Okazaki:

Demarai Gray:

Jamie Vardy:
Missed his partner in crime Mahrez as he was starved of service. Took his penalty well. 6
I don't undrrstand how they are rated so highly in the LM - to me a score of 5 would represent an average performance of a player at that level - the premiership, so 5 is not a bad score its just an average Six would score a player who was better than average . Admittedly, having only seen the last 70 minutes of the game, I would be reluctant to score anyone better than the average 5 - some (e.g. Chilwell, Gray, Okazaki,Vardy) would be a couple of points lower.

Just shows how effective Mr Mahrez is... We looked devoid.

Personally I think it was the kind of game where Mahrez word have been completely absent and bypassed.

They were in our faces immediately and all game long.

Just shows how effective Mr Mahrez is... We looked devoid.

I think that's too simplistic.

Tbh, I don't think we're giving Everton/Allardyce enough credit. They pressed us into mistakes time and again, closing us down and not allowing us to play our new passing game. We couldn't cope with their tempo and energy, rushed us into passes that then went astray. And our passing was poor anyway.

I feel that's possibly why we didn't see Iborra or Silva; the game would have been too quick for them. Ndidi was having a 'mare (by his standards) and we really needed another body in the middle there, or for him to be subbed. Puel addressed this partly by going three at the back, but he was not tempted to bring on Iborra nor Silva. I reckon Allardyce did his homework on us and it worked.

And we were poor. I reckon there was a Mahrez effect but it might not have been simply due to him not playing. I think we were unsettled and we got exploited.

Tbh, under the circumstances, I don't reckon we looked too bad in patches. Before their 1st, we looked the better side. After the penalty, we were able to settle and raise our game, to start making some passes.... we played like wassocks into injury time but prior to then, I really thought we'd scramble an equaliser. If we'd have come away with 2-2, I think we might be seeing the match differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363