Everton Tickets Sold Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Everton is now sold out, after tickets went on sale to gold and family members this morning.

The club named a sale date for Silver members - so I find it a little suspicious that all the tickets were sold within a couple of hours of going on sale to Gold members. Obviously everyone wants to go to the game, so if there were enough gold members to sell all the tickets, why name a date for sale to sliver members?
I wonder how many tickets members of staff at the club have been allowed to buy to sell on for a profit...

Tickets for Leicester City’s final home Barclays Premier League game of the season sold out in record time on Monday morning as Gold and Family Fox Members rushed to secure their seats.

Claudio Ranieri’s men host Everton at King Power Stadium on Saturday 7 May, with Members arriving at the ground early on Monday to ensure their seat for the fixture, as well as buying online at LCFCDirect.com and by phone through the City Sales Centre.

Demand for tickets this season has been unprecedented and has seen Fox Members purchasing an incredible 37,000+ match tickets at King Power Stadium to watch their team in action.

That demand was higher than ever for the Everton game, which is City’s final home match and penultimate league fixture of an extraordinary campaign, with the vast majority of Gold and Family Fox Members able to secure their seat for the game before it officially sold out at the first level of ticket priority within 90 minutes of going on sale.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/everton-tickets-sell-out-to-members-in-record-time-3054012.aspx

If anyone has a spare ticket available I'd love to take it off their hands...

It was really strange. No other game has been sold out to Gold and Family members only, and I guess some would have with the demand for tickets lately. Strange smell here......

At least I was wise enough to log on this morning and got it done with, instead of waiting until tonight. Could easily have done that, based on sell out time for other games.

Flight tickets though.......... Totally in the eBay price range.......

The club really need to look at the TO for next season. We shouldn't be in 2016 and have a website which crashes whenever tickets go on sale and a phone line which doesn't even allow you to join the queue.

I've only missed 6 games all season and have been going to most away games for years. I'm noticing a lot of very unfamiliar faces at away games recently, even though they've not usually made it past priority 2.

It really shouldn't be that hard to ensure & monitor that each ticket is sold to someone with the right priority.

A long shot, but if any one has a pair of tickets, it would make flying all the way from Hong Kong that much more meaningful than watching the game in a pub.

As Jeff said in the OP this doesn't add up.
How many Gold Members are there?
I thought there wasn't that many to take up all of the difference between the total of Season Ticket holders and the total available to City fans having given, one presumes, the full allocation to Everton.
Someone said there were about 1500 Gold Members.

Last season they said that getting a family or gold membership guaranteed you a match ticket, which presumably was a way to justify the high price. They only made 1,500 gold and 500 family memberships available, which equates to 2,500 match tickets.

This season they removed the promise of guaranteed match tickets, (presumably because they increased the number available), but kept the price the same.
I wonder how many people renewed their membership expecting the same benefits, and now can't get a ticket for the Everton game.

Our ticket office has been taking the piss for years.

I want to know how many fans we have in each priority category.

Man Utd tickets made it to the 2nd priority only, there are not 3000 people in those groups

Our ticket office has been taking the piss for years.

I want to know how many fans we have in each priority category.

Man Utd tickets made it to the 2nd priority only, there are not 3000 people in those groups
And were sold by 9am on the first day of priority 2.

I'm priority one and starting to wonder whether I will even get one for the Chelsea game.

At Bournemouth earlier in the season I was p2 and was lucky enough to get one of the few that got to p2. Yet stood next to a group in the pub who were discussing how they had managed to get Villa home tickets!
I appreciate there are a number of fans who are happy to give their reference away, but they club clearly give tickets to staff.
I have no problem with them being given a ticket however herd a rumour today that they have all been give 4 for man united. Not sure how true that is but would probable equate to near on 1000 tickets.

I heard somewhere that box holders get 4 tickets each before they even go on sale. Don't know how true it is though.

I heard somewhere that box holders get 4 tickets each before they even go on sale. Don't know how true it is though.

I think that's been confirmed over on FT.

I don't think it was him. Personally I don't really mind box holders getting tickets - they'll have spent a ridiculous amount of money and the number of tickets they'll take are comparatively small. There's probably only 30 boxes with 4 tickets each, that's 120 tickets out of 3,000.

It's people getting tickets that have absolutely no right to, but have a mate in the TO that gets everyone's goat.

Box holders do get access to away tickets - nothing new about it. However, the staff access to away tickets has certainly tightened up in recent times (not saying it doesn't still occur in instances though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566