Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Gary Parker joined Celtic today as 1st team coach

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_010710135309.aspx

I see from below that Garry's talents lie in his ability to find players which for Celtic's sake is good as when I read the above I thought perhaps Lennon might want his tactical awareness or mangement abilities which if anyone went to the Leeds League Cup Tie at Filbert Street will know is a bit limited.

He has a good eye for a player as well so he’ll help me on the talent side of things. He’s been scouting at clubs for three or four years now so he’s built up quite a resume and poached some players as well, not just in England but further afield too.

I see from below that Garry's talents lie in his ability to find players which for Celtic's sake is good as when I read the above I thought perhaps Lennon might want his tactical awareness or mangement abilities which if anyone went to the Leeds League Cup Tie at Filbert Street will know is a bit limited.

I'm sure Matty Piper was given his debut that night under Parker. (although I'll probably be proved wrong)

Steve walsh played for us during the 90's i think had a loan spell at Cov on the management team at hull.....,:bang:

Steve walsh played for us during the 90's i think had a loan spell at Cov on the management team at hull.....,:bang:

What? What?

WHAT?

Are you f***ing serious? How can you possibly think they're the same f***ing person?

What? What?

WHAT?

Are you f***ing serious? How can you possibly think they're the same f***ing person?

I assume the head banging icon, is in response to the many people who do get confused about who is who, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

I assume the head banging icon, is in response to the many people who do get confused about who is who, but I could be wrong.

You are! But I think Vulpes is not the only one who is confused. My mother's come up to join us as it's my daughters 20th Birthday this weekend and near enough the first thing she said after commenting on NP leaving was that Steve Walsh had gone with him and I could tell she was shocked at such a Leicester Legend having done this.
I then had to tell her there were 2 guys both called Steve Walsh the other one being a City coach and it was him going to Hull, not the one she thought it was.

Last edited:

You are! But I think Vulpes is not the only one who is confused. My mother's come up to join us as it's my daughters 20th Birthday this weekend and near enough the first thing she said after commenting on NP leaving was that Steve Walsh had gone with him and I could tell she was shocked at such a Leicester Legend having done this.
I then had to tell her there were 2 guys both called Steve Walsh the other one being a City coach and it was him going to Hull, not the one she thought it was.

Wait! WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAAAAAT!?

They both have the same name? How does that work then? Could you break it down into further detail for us and explain all of the possible implications?

Wait! WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAAAAAT!?

They both have the same name? How does that work then? Could you break it down into further detail for us and explain all of the possible implications?

I didn't realise that two people could have the same name. You'd think it would have cropped up on here at some point.

Harborough Town had a glamour friendly against Port Vale - Dodds played, Horsfield and Adams were also there, good day!

Mickeh Adams is good friends with the Harborough Town manager.

Don't know about that, don't think he knows the manager I think it is someone else at the club who knows him well and he still lives in Harborough. Only 3-0 to Port Vale, they brought a fair few fans as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00