Examination Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

What a pity City's manager and coaching staff don't have requalify every year in their chosen profession.
You can just imagine the clipboard of an independent assessor giving marks out of 10 in the various categories...

TEAM PERFORMANCE:
Consistently below the standard expected or required.
Two new forwards, Blake and Connolly yet to score. One goal only from other newcomer Dublin. Lack of consistent effort from many players. Not particularly combative under pressure and not inventive enough to open tight defences. Mid-table position from games against limited opposition.
Overall 4/10.

DISCIPLINE:
A long-standing problem at Leicester and again poor. Sendings off have given the team a considerable handicap reducing their chances of success.
2/10

ENTERTAINMENT:
Not close to the traditional standard of the club especially at this level. In nine games there has only been one glimmer of light, entertainment wise...that being in the home game against Sheffield United. 2/10.

HOME FORM: Diabolical. Leicester have the perfect stadium to impress in this division. But, form has been nervous, uncertain, lacking in fluidity and belief. One win in four. Not a compliment to the coaching staff. 1/10.

SELECTION: Often hard to fathom. Selectors persist with players who are clearly off form or unfit without obvious justification. 5/10.

TACTICS: City often seem to be one step behind the opposition tactically, particularly against Millwall and Burnley. Simply not imaginative enough against packed defences nor sufficiently committed to going forward as a team, particularly in the closing stages of games. Any creditable pattern of play in the nine matches so far has been stiffled by poor passing, misunderstandings or lack of continuity. 4/10

INSPIRATION: Odd players Keown, Nalis, Walker, Connnolly (briefly), have had a steady start to their season but it is impossible to pick out anyone as being outstanding so far and some players have made woeful contributions. 2/10.

ATTENDANCES: Beginning to drop - a sure sign of discontent - but unquestionably reflecting the prospect of paying substantial amounts of money to watch indifferent and uninspiring football. 5/10.

PROSPECTS: Not entirely hopeless. Seven points from the last nine was an improvement although the team never looked convincing as potential promotion chasers. Do not seem to have the personnel to frighten the opposition in this division so the problems of discipline and of playing many games with two or three players well below their best need to be addressed. Even then it will be a battle that will require managerial cunning and inspiration. Few signs of these qualities as yet because the problems, while glaring, have still not been addressed. 4/10

PASSION: The management have failed to stir any real passion at the Walkers so far this season. New players have had odd moments but have not really excited the crowd and the team has often been guilty of poor passing, a lack of inventiveness or devil. By and large players lost have been replaced by vastly inferior alternatives and if there is any talent in the reserves it is not being given much chance to come through. Result. Quiet crowds - a bad sign. 4/10.

Overall assessment 33/100.
This represents a significant underperformance for a club of Leicester's stature and demands the conclusion. Must do better and quick.

Have I been too harsh?

Team Rebuilding:
Defence: 8/10. Signs of improvement on previous season.
Midfield: 6/10. Patchy. Easily overwhelmed by physical opponents. Indifferent passing. Not notably inventive.
Attack: 3/10. Connolly and Dublin have had their moments but effect is poor. Scoring ratio below required standard. Blake still to score or register a significant controbution.

Tony Elsby said:
Have I been too harsh?
no, but you're wasting your time. What's the point in analysing performance or guessing on the future when you're not in a position to affect it? do something worthwhile like dig the garden instead.. :wink:

MKFox said:
Tony Elsby said:
Have I been too harsh?
no, but you're wasting your time. What's the point in analysing performance or guessing on the future when you're not in a position to affect it? do something worthwhile like dig the garden instead.. :wink:

Trying to get me forked too, eh!

Excellent and inventive stuff from Elsby, childish petulant and unneccessary response from the invisible man from MK.
This forum needs intelligent discussion not silly schoolboy jibes.
Tara me duck

bazzer said:
Excellent and inventive stuff from Elsby, childish petulant and unneccessary response from the invisible man from MK.
Tara me duck
what is childish or indeed petulant about me stating that tony's valid comments will go unrewarded?
and i don't even understand the invisible reference.

intelligent discussion my arse, this whole forum is about 11 blokes kicking a ball around a field in the rain.

get some perspective me duck :roll:

MKFox said:
bazzer said:
Tara me duck
what is childish or indeed petulant about me stating that tony's valid comments will go unrewarded?
and i don't even understand the invisible reference.

intelligent discussion my arse, this whole forum is about 11 blokes kicking a ball around a field in the rain.

get some perspective me duck :roll:

If you think football is just about 11 blokes kicking a ball about in the rain why bother to support LCFC, and why bother to log onto this web site.
You sound a very sad man, I suppose cricket's about 11 blokes hitting a ball with a stick and so on. And who the hell are you to decide that we don't need intelligent comments, it's not your web site is it?
You appear to have appointed yourself as the site controller, every comment made seems to be answered by you with a snide smart arse reply. Tell us why you like football then, is it the punch in the gob in the pub afterwards.
I have perspective you seem to have invective.

bazzer said:
Tara me duck

Yes, but we have this discussion 50 times a day. Just in differently phrased posts.

If it's a post by Tony the content usually can be summed up as the following.... Leicester are shit, MA is shit, the Board are shit.

Babylon said:
bazzer said:
Tara me duck

Yes, but we have this discussion 50 times a day. Just in differently phrased posts.

If it's a post by Tony the content usually can be summed up as the following.... Leicester are shit, MA is shit, the Board are shit.

Same shit, different package.

Joe_Fox said:
Babylon said:
bazzer said:
Tara me duck

Same shit, different package.

And the packaging ain't that different.

Billy Boy said:
And the packaging ain't that different.

Marathon - Snickers
Opal Fruits - Starburst

That kind of thing?

Babylon said:
bazzer said:
Tara me duck

Welcome back Babylon. Gee I thought you'd died and were only talking to Cloughie now. Can't actually remember saying much about the board but still, its true, my frustration is increasing.

If you dropped a concrete slab on your foot the sure thing is it'd teach you not to do it again in a hurry. Micky Adams is different. He'd have to drop a lorry load of slabs one at a time on his foot before he'd even move it.

Just because I have never hero worshipped him like you doesn't mean I have anything against him. It's just that he keeps cocking up the tactics and he keeps selecting Nathan Blake when his current form says there are better alternatives.

From what I've seen so far City should be paying us to watch Nathan Blake, not the other way round and I just wish Adams would impress on the players that it's stupid to keep getting sent off.

Is that too much to ask? Oh, and if you think one home win so far and one goal all season from three of our newly signed centre forwards is good enough then you're easily pleased.

Believe me when Adams does something praiseworthy I'll acknowledge it. When he underperforms I'll ask questions and right now I, along with many other City fans, am having to ask a lot of questions which are not as yet being answered.

At the prices being charged, surely we're entitled to a bit of quality and a bit of entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566